PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I have had this pipe bowl on the shelf for awhile. I've just been waitng for the right person to give it to. One of my buddies is moving away so I decided to give it to him as a going away gift. He is actually the guy who taught me the basics of pipe smoking, tamping, drawing, and blowing smoke rings. He is heading off to get his Doctorate in Archeology, so what better shape than a Pick Axe. It has a hand cut amber tortoise shell stem. Here is a couple pics of it.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Stunning piece of briar and your shaping and finishing, superb, really do it justice. :clap:

guhrillastile

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2013
It's OK..I guess...
I'm kidding!!. Lovely shape job as mentioned. I'm sure he will be elated. It's a great gift. And it does sorta call out "I belong to am archeological kinda guy" lol great job. Nice pipe indeed.

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Wow, gorgeous.
I really wish I hadn't clicked on this thread though, I will now be desperately in search of a tortoise shell stem. It could be attached to plastic, lead-painted bowl and I'd still have to buy one. Just awesome.
Thanks for sharing.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Nice work Dave! I really like that stem. I've used a similar Tortoise shell on a couple I made. Your friend is very lucky!

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
That is a nice pipe. Looking at the plateau on the top of the pipe, if you cut that smooth I just feel like it would have amazing birdseye.

Status
Not open for further replies.