PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guhrillastile

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2013
IMAG0520.jpg

Edit: Corrected capitalization in title per Rule #9. L.

Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine

guhrillastile

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2013
Hmm. Viewing from my phone but seems big. If a passer by would tell me how they views from a desktop it would be appreciated.

guhrillastile

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2013
Bloodwood with a desert ironwood band and spalted tamarind on the one that's a column.
The top are just lil scraps of bloodwood, blue boxed maple, and bristlcone if I remember right. Just thought to finally get off my butt and share.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
They don't look oversized to me. Really nice, and the combination of woods goes togeather really well.

guhrillastile

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it.
I have a stash of exotics that I stocked years ago. I would never be able to afford replacing nowadays. I build grips, Knive scales and handles, and inlay work on furniture etc. Even lil pieces go a long way. But some of them just laugh at a wood lathe. Even on a metal lathe they can give my tooling a run for its money. But I'm an addict so I just like makin them. I made a few dozen but gave them away. Was just playing with posting pics. Rest assured next batch will be coming soon.

Jan 8, 2013
Those are quite nice :) I like how they're shorter than other tampers I've seen... I want to say about half as long, maybe a bit more.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
These are some very nice, exotic tapers. I tend to stick to my Brigham pipe tool because it combines other tools with it, but your tapers are enviable. Wish I could see them in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.