PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ever noticed how your wife, girlfriend, or significant other likes photos of you looking

cheerful and sunny, whereas you would prefer a more serious, formidable expression

for yourself? I think this almost harks back to the animal kingdom where we are hesitant

to look vulnerable and want a little game-face or edge so as to not invite trouble. I noticed

Forums members like, in their posted photos, to look serious, focused, or be wearing

shades.

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
But I am looking happy in my user pic. Jolly, even, nay, frivolous! I'm positively radiating levity.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I was at a UCF Knights college football game in my photo... sitting in the student section with thousands of crazy college kids going wild. Couldn't help but smile as I was having the time of my life with my daughter that day! -- It didn't hurt that I was surrounded by lots of beautiful young women either. ;-) (don't tell my wife I said that)

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Mine is a professional head shot that was taken two years ago as part of a Sales Leadership Conference. I didn't crop it well for the forums, but I don't think you guys care what I look like anyway :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm a strange one to do this post, since I haven't managed a photo, but if I did, it might

be a really unusual one wearing a Turkish fez my sister brought me, with me wearing a

bathrobe smoking a churchwarden. The fez isn't the Shriner style, but a small cylindrical

hat that is embroidered with geometrics. I would say the expression is neutral. A little

theatrical, but then, photos are.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
It's not only difficult to make out the expression on my face in my photo, it's impossible to even see my face ... making it one of the more flattering pictures ever taken of me ...

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Since Halloween and Mardi Gras are my two favorite holidays, I decided to use a picture of me in costume :crazy:

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
My picture is of me in my hairier days. I have since had my gf shave my arms, chest, back, and all other areas affected that resembled a tropical rainforest of follicles. The bagger vance hat is just covering up my small bald spot on the back of my head.

bluesmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2013
My wife took this picture of me in Venice last year. This is our second day in Venice, and I was happy, but taking a short rest from walking all over the island for two days. About two weeks later, back in the states, I decidde to start smoking my pipe again after a break of about three years--found this forum, and I haven't looked back. I've sure spent a lot of money on pipes and tobacco, though.

Sep 22, 2012
This picture is really who I am: as long as life's tribulations don't pinch a nerve in me, I'm satisfied with what I have and even find our human reality oddly funny.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
My avatar is me underwater taking a photo of myself.
I really don't dive much anymore--my new hobby is studying pipe smoking.
I think it costs less money to dive.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
I'm totally chill on day two of a wilderness canoe trip with my wife, mother-in-law, my then six year-old daughter and my two similar age nieces. That was a whole lot of girl energy. I'm trying to look extra manly to compensate and scare off any wildlife.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
This shot is from a gig about 8 years and 50 pounds ago. Our garage band was called FFOGG- Frustrated Fat Old Guys with Guts. We were actually pretty good but all good things come to an end. I'm too lazy to get a newer pic of myself because there may be people in some eastern states looking for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.