PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Now it's time to move over to the all-new Photobucket because this existing site is going away soon. Don't worry, your photos will be on the new Photobucket experience
Just an FYI. The above is from an email I got from Photobucket today. It seems soon we will no longer have a choice to switch back the old format. I for one think even the old format was a bit difficult, but I can't stand the new format.
Any suggestions for simple photo hosting site on the web? Something I don't have to sign in with Facebook and something that is not overbearing where I can link photos to the forums here.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I for one think even the old format was a bit difficult, but I can't stand the new format.

I don't like it either, but I have so much stuff there, I'll just suck it up. I din't like when xbox changed the look of the dashboard, but I got used to it eventually.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'm not thrilled with the format either. :|

But; like Uber, I too have a ton of photos stored there.

If I move them to another site, all of the photos posted here will be gone.

So my solution.... I edit my photos on my laptop, and just store them there.

:puffy:
T minus FOUR

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I din't like when xbox changed the look of the dashboard, but I got used to it eventually.
I agree with you on that uber. I understand they changed it to more align with Windows 8, but I think they should have a bit more functionality to get rid of all the crap you don't want to see. After all, most buy an xBox to actually play games. Not surf the internet or watch movies. Whats you screen name? I go by Eaglerico52. I play Call of Duty regularly on there.
I use IMGUR
Thanks Josh. I will have to look into it.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I am not going to get rid of my account there. I am just not going to upload anymore. I store all my pictures on my computer and a 1.5TB external hard drive. I just use it to share photos. So I really want something simpler to use.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Whats you screen name?

Mine is UBER AM3RICA. I play single player games and the campaign on multiplayer games. Thats whyI have 66,000 gamerscore. I have yet to play multiplayer on Black Ops 2, but I just renewed my xbox live not too long ago.

chakaraka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Vernon, BC, Canada
Actually, funny that you mention Facebook. Although I use PhotoBucket for most of my photo hosting, I have also used Facebook for this too. All you need is the direct link to the FB image and use the "IMG" button here to make sure the link has the correct image code for display in the forum here. I maintain a Company website that has photos of the work I do. I am also active on some forums that deal with my profession (mechanics/graphics), so I found that posting all the photos to both was too much work. When I do a DIY on a particular vehicle, I just link the photos that are already on my company Facebook page. The only issue with this is image size. Facebook sizes them automatically, but they may be a little large for the preferences of this forum...
:?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I JUST got used to the old version of Photobucket and now they switch. On the new platform, I can't seem to be able to move photos around in an album. (was "organize") And, now the no limit storage seems to have ended as well, mine is now 2 GB. But, I didn't like Flickr either. Guess I'll just have to get used to the new version.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Under the picture, there are four URL's" option:

Direct Link

HTML Code

IMG Code

IMG Thumb
On this forum, the Thumb link works best (IMG Code puts a giant picture in the thread). Highlight the IMG Thumb string and "copy". "Paste" into the thread directly, DO NOT USE the IMG code button above the reply box.

Status
Not open for further replies.