PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Ok I took a ton of pictures of pipes and downloaded them from my phone to Photobucket. I know how to post a pic here from my gallary here but I can't get the photobucket pics to do anything. Hell I can't even delete them. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Help??? anyone??

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
It's nonresponsive? You can't edit, delete -- nothing?
Sounds like a temporary connection or site problem maybe. Close the browser, open it and try again? Maybe that fixes it, maybe that just outlasts whatever the glitch was.
Not a tech, but didn't want you to go unanswered in your time of need.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I use to use PB but it never would work for me and very slow,so now use http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=fNkd6hpTbcNwYgZ%2BTIuAGIh4l5k2TGxc try it and see if it works for you. :puffy:

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
If you want to delete a picture...in gallery view hold your mouse over a picture and you will see a gear icon in the upper right. Hold your mouse over that and a drop down menu shows where you can choose to delete.

bluesmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2013
Gary--once you have uploaded the photo into Photobucket, find and select the individual photo in your album that you want to post. Up in the top left corner, you should see four square icons, one for facebook, one for twitter, etc. The last one on the right, looks like a paper clip, is called "Get links code." If you click on it, it will give you several choices for URL address. The one at the bottom, IMG, is the one you need to post on the forum. Copy the URL address and paste it into the text of your post. Then, once you click "Send Post," the photo should appear in your post. I just figured this out myself, and it worked for me. Good luck.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Thank you Gentlemen. I will head that way and give it a try one more time. If it don't work this time I will just go back to the way I been using . It will be slow but at least I will be able to get some pipes up for sale and a few pics posted. Thanks again.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I am able to post the pictures from Photobucket into this forum, but they are far too big. There appears to be no way on my iPad to resize the pictures, unless anybody has a helpful answer. Herewith a sample:

ravkesef
[/url][/img]

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The Photobucket Adroid app stinks, I can never get the code to copy.

It works find on my laptop and is a good as any free online storage program. I've tried them all. I really miss "Webshots"...

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Ok Gents with everyone's help I may have this figured out. I am going to post a little Stanwell Silver S pipe here and if it works I am good to go!!
oK it worked but picture was wasy to huge. I will keep working on it.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Is there a way to add a link to the picutre of the pipe and have it where once you clink on link you only see pictures of the pipe in question and not the other 500 picture of other pipes? Maybe by tagging them or something along those lines. just wondering.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I had my pix set at 1024x768, which were too big for this forum (which doesn't resize). I reset the display to 800x600 and am giving this a try.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I was uploading to a 1025x768 size, which was too large for this forum (which doesn't auto-size pictures). I changed it to 800x600 (which only works for newly uploaded photos).

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
You can chose to "resize" existing pictures.
Btw, I have 860 photos stored on Photobucket and I'm using 10% of the available free storage. That's what keeps me at Photobucket. That and the "one click" process to copy a picture to a forum.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Ok, in my Android app, there isn't a way to resize.

If you are using an ipad, phone, etc. just sign in to the webpage. Scroll to the bottom of the page and chose "View Full" that will give you full editing options. The program recognizes if you are on a phone, etc. so you have to tell it to go to the full site. Its a lot of scrolling around on an Android phone, but the i-pad (Kindle, etc.) should work fine.
I did set all of my future uploads to the 800x600 setting as that works the best with most of the forums I'm on.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Ok take a look at this, still a little large and my pictures I need to work on but I'm getting there. Click on the pic and it will take you to see the rest of the pics of the Stanwell Silver S.

Status
Not open for further replies.