PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pufferfish

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2019
Ok folks. So I have tried to upload a picture on here and so far no joy. Is it only photo bucket that works or is there an alternative?

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Right click on the image that you want to show

Click on the "Open the image in a new tab" link, then copy the address

Click on the above IMG link

Paste the images address into the IMG window

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Photobucket will work if you've paid the dough to be able to link to photos. But for uploading photos here, this may help.
This is how to add photos to your post using the site's photo album:
1.) Login

2.) Go to My Account (may have hit Home button first) and mouse down to Album.

3.) Choose Upload Picture (navigate to photo you've given a sensible name to), be sure to then hit Upload.

4.) Go back to Album, click on thumbnail to open full size image. Right click (Windows); Control Click (Mac) and select "copy image location" (its URL).

5.) Return to your reply window in the thread and click on the IMG button at the top of the compose window.

7.) Paste the image location into the window and click OK. (You can paste over the existing http://)
Images tend to be smaller than hosting site's size, but can be full sized if you remove the pixel limitation, (-600x360)— the numbers and the dash preceding, leaving no spaces, and ending in .jpg
An example, of a thumbnail named "hms-penzance-1940...." followed by "-150x100.jpg" is the name of the photo in my album, and it's the "-150x100" that limits the size.

hms-penzance-1940-150x100.jpg

If I remove the numbers, it goes to whatever size at which it was uploaded, subject to web sized image limitations.
hms-penzance-1940.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
There is a whole section dedicated to this, because it is a problem with many many members. I used to have trouble posting pictures untill I found
postimages.org
Pretty self explanatory. Once you upload your picture and choose the size and when it dissapears, on the page that opens up afterwards, click the " direct link" button, the blue one to the right.
Then in your post click the IMG button, and delete the Http: part and right click or click and hold ( phone use) and select paste.

pufferfish

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2019
Yeah sorted it but thanks, everyone. Went with imgur in the end as they provide a free link for forum posting. Took some figuring, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.