PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Sweet. Any chance you have any Tashkent? Peck seems to like it but have never heard of you speak to it.
I will be late, but I will be there.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I hope to be there, there's nothing getting in the way as of yet......

Les, I'd love to try some of Peretti's flakes. Did you get to see how they make it?

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yaz - Tashkent is a unique Turkish forward blend and resides comfortably in the Top200 Cellar. I will bring some for you to try.
Woo - likewise with some flakes. Yes, I have seen the press that Peretti has, which they use for their Thanksgiving and holiday blends, which are crumble cakes rather than flakes. I'll bring a pic of the device. I believe that their true flakes are brought in from makers that have the machinery.
I just remembered that the September meeting is the one that involves planning for the CORPS in Richmond. There are at least 2 carpools in play and several other drivers that I know of.
hp

les

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Well, my wife just informed me that she has a conference in Chicago the weekend of the CORPS show. Unless I can convince my 15 year old daughter that a road trip to a pipe show is an awesome event, it looks like I'm beached in Bucks County for the Richmond show. I'm still working on it, though.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
I just remembered that the September meeting is the one that involves planning for the CORPS in Richmond. There are at least 2 carpools in play and several other drivers that I know of.
I would like to get in on these carpools if possible :)

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Justin - I got your note about Perettis. I do have some aged 333 and will bring it. I'm not much on burleys so most of the Perettis I'm bringing are Top200 Cellar items - all Lats and VAs.
hp

les

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
DAMN IT!!! I was hoping to get back to the Philly area to attend a Morley's event. Friggin client is stalling on signing another statement of work. Have a good time guys.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Marc. Marc, Marc...you always have a place to stay here pre-Morleys, and a selection of armaments with which to deal with wayward clients...

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm looking forward to seeing the old gang and maybe a new face or two (Sparks).
I have a new tin of Durbar and Les says he's bringing some vintage, that should be interesting.
And,I did grab a digital scale Les for our Annapolis Smoke Shop bounty. Can you get arrested in Philly for walking around with baggies of an herbal substance and a scale?
Woods: The childrens activity area of the CORPS show is incredible........

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I had a grand time last night!
Here's a shot of Sparks, Les & Samthecoffeeman
10610684_965682223447773_8241919654495285364_n.jpg

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Big Al - thanks for the pic. Our esteemed Ringleader Bruce and his henchman SteveG are in the background. George, as always, is staying in the background.
BTW Kevin and Paul Creasy, the product placement of the excellent Sutliff bag was unintentional. But it was a good idea had I thought of it! Sutliff is a very generous company with us pipers, is a sponsor here and many other settings, and most importantly for our industry, is a leader in the legislative and lobbying interface with the Federal Guv'mint.
hp

les

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo papi - re your observation "Looking quite dapper, Les. I'm guessing that is not your urban fishing outfit." - no - that's my downtown attire. You know, when I go to the Big City (Philly is highly under-rated) I take the opportunity to put on one of my ties with a pipes motif. Keeps the gravy (that's sauce in South Philly) off my shirts, since the pipe images mask stray brown stains. When I come up to the LVPC in "downtown" Bethlehem, it's not that I'm dissing the podunk faction of the Keystone state - I'm usually still in camouflage from ffishing nearby. That camo is even better at masking gravy stains, and even ketchup as well as scorch marks from flying tobacco embers.
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.