PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
The way the dates work, this next meeting seems early. but it is the 3rd Wednesday of the month. Bruce had to struggle a bit to get a clear date from the Pen & Pencil Club and feels fortunate that we got this time slot. We've had a long string of successive monthly meetings - I've been going only since '08, but no one can recall the last time we missed a month, even though the venue got bounced around a lot with first the Philly smoking bans and then the state-wide prohibition. Quite a few of us will be at Richmond CORPS the preceding weekend, including yours truly (first timer to that show) so the meeting will no doubt be full of booty and new stuff to show off. Those of us who will be participating in the Slo-Smoke event will display our prizes (lol).
As always, great cheer, excellent conversation and advice, tobacco galore, drinks served by wench Courtney and the best cooked-to-order deal in town will be available to all.
hp

les

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
I'd really like to go. I'll let you know, once I figure out my schedule. I've got some things picked out to share this time

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Anyone interested in a carpool? I'm from Elkton, MD near Newark, DE. I'm bringing some things to try this time. I highly recommend it, it was better than expected.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Hey Les,
I will try to make it this month as Wednesday is the ONLY day of the week that I don't have anything scheduled :)

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Let us know when, how many can come, how long it will be, and if we should bring our own drinks :)

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo eric - re "Let us know when, how many can come, how long it will be, and if we should bring our own drinks",
1. The Drew Estataes thang will just be part of our regular meeting, which is usually unstructured and freehand, so to speak. So the 7:00 start time remains the same. Doors open at 6:30.
2. re how many: as many as want to come. We normally have 15-25 pipesters. If you know of more than a handful more, let me know and we will ask the Pen & Pencil to set up enough extra tables. The club could probably handle 50 of us.
3. Morley's has no ending time, and the club stays open to 2:00am. But the after-midnight group is pretty rowdy and us Morleyites are usually gone by 10:30, though once a few of us were there till 11:30 and a couple of guys missed their trains.
4. Since the club has a fully stocked bar, I suppose bringing a keg or bottles would be impolite. But I can ask. Of course if you brought a small quantity of medicinal potions, I guess discreet usage would not be a big problem.
hp

les

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I figured it wasn't part of Moorley's, woops! So they will set up some sort of show for us in the pub you guys normally go to?

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
It always seems like I am just a bit late arriving for my monthly visits to Philly to catch the Monthly pipe club meeting. I should be getting in on the 18th or 19th. Where is the Wooden Indian located I'd like to try and pick up some Drew Estate tins when I am there.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
Hope to make it again this month. I am curious about drew estates meat pie blend... hopefully we can sample it Wednesday

decigar

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2013
Hey Eric, I met up with Les and some of the Philly Pipe Club degenerates at the Richmond Pipe Show this weekend. Les told me about the carpool idea. I'm in Delaware and would be glad to carpool. I'll send you a PM with the details.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
sam - you could bring the wife and we can all celebrate your 4th. ;)

Thanks for setting up the Drew Estate event. Should I talk to Dave at The Wooden Indian to help out in your stead?
hp

les

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Awwww, why Sam, why? Can't you just tell her that it is not convenient timing right now and postpone it a week or two :twisted:
Have a good time with the family, you will be missed! I also found a really nice Oom Paul shape that I will probably be restoring if I can get it at a really good price. I normally end up selling these things though, very picky with my pipes.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Was downtown in Philly this evening. Walked right by the Pen & Pencil Club and was tempted to stop in, but I guess I'll see Dan and Courtney soon enough - like tomorrow evening.
hp

les

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I will definitely be there tonight Les. I look forward to catching up with everyone. I texted Bernie today and he is in Jolly Ol' England on holiday.
Congrats on your anniversary Sam and hope to see you soon. I wanna hear about the Pass Box ;)
Cheers,
Dan

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
20131016_203700.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, that is a good crowd! Looks like I picked the wrong meeting to miss. I did really enjoy my time at the Philly Club table at the CORPS show on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.