Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Phil Morgan, the General Manager of Missouri Meerschaum, the maker of the original Corn Cob pipes for nearly 150-years, will be on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tomorrow, March 20th.
phil-morgan-kevin-godbee.jpg

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Reminding you that on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight - Phil Morgan, General Manager of the Missouri Meerschaum Co. - Maker of the original American Corn Cob Pipes for nearly 150-years. They have a great story and rich history, and there will be a surprise announcement!

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Phil's a great guy, who's done a lot for the pastime. I'm looking forward to the show, as well.
Russ

kb7get

Lurker
Nov 10, 2012
Will have to tune in for my favorite pipes tonight. Will make sure I smoke my oldest cob that I have been using for about 40 years while listening.
316kfx4.jpg

348q2x5.jpg

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Great interview with Phil - the history and learning about how the cobs are used is simply amazing. Of course I had to smoke my Missouri Meerschaum while listening to the show! Oh, and I met my wife on an online dating site.. totally on-board with pipe smoker dating site, something tells me it might be slim pickings though.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
Great interview. Great inexpensive, great smoking pipes. Great announcement too!! Can't wait!

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Great show. It was fascinating to learn how my camping and backcountry pipes are made and the history of the company. The story behind how Phil became the MM GM was pretty neat too.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I hoped, but didn't know, that the tobaccos were going to be mentioned. I know that Phil said that they're excited, but this has been the most ambitious project I've ever done, so I'm pretty excited, too. The packaging looks great, and I'm pleased with the blends. As Phil said, they'll smoke fine in any pipe, but they were made to really shine in a cob.
Russ

pipinho

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2013
did he talk about bringing back the upper end cobs with nice stems like they used to make?

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It was a great show.
I just updated the show page with this beautiful S. Bang pipe that was generously donated by Rick Newcombe for the JDRF auction.
s-bang.jpg

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/radio-talk-show/the-pipes-magazine-radio-show-episode-79/

pipinho

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2013
not when i posted the question. I just was wondering if they were going to put out higher end pipes like they used to do back in the day.

leparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2014
Weyers Cave, VA
Really enjoyed the show. I have 3 MM Cobs, one for aros, one for VAs and one for English. Great pipes, I'll probably end up with several for each kind of tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.