PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Hello Everyone,
I've blasted through all the podcasts of the show and I love it except for one glaring problem in my mind: Kevin hasn't been an interview guest yet. I would love to hear Kevin's story, how he came to start this website, and the development into what it is today. So, I figured if we got enough people to comment on here as a "petition" of sorts maybe Brian and Kevin would do it! So, leave your comments! Let's get Kevin in the Hot Seat!

jbbaldwin

Aug 1, 2012
Hear, hear! Excellent idea.
I would also like to hear an in-depth interview with Pease. I like his blends but have never met him, and the way folks go on about him here, it should be a hoot.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
I'd like for Kevin to be a guest, as well as Russ - I think that would be pretty cool. I also think that Brian should do little mini-interviews with us guys here on the forums! Sure, most of us are just average guys and are not famous pipe-makers or blenders, but I think that it would be cool to hear short interviews from younger guys like me about how we got in to pipe smoking and with older guys about how long they've been smoking and so on. I think that interviewing some younger guys, 18-35 or so, who smoke pipes would be good because we're the ones now that will keep pipe smoking going for the next fifty years! :P

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Ok but I get 10% of ad revenue from that episode! Hahaha! I so hope he goes for it. I think it would fascinating!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Kevin and Russ are great ideas, I remember from the Oom Paul show that Kevin is one hell of a funny, amazing guy. The one cool part of the P&C mishap was getting to speak to Russ over the phone (he does some of their customer service calls).

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Sorry to hear about all that, Eric. But I'm telling ya tobaccopipes.com rocks!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I think he can wait til the 100th episode or something lol
I'll start the bet on how many times he throws F bombs into the wind.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
There are a lot of guys who would make good guests for the show. Without much effort we could easily come up with fifty names.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Olie Sylvester just issued his latest podcast and his guest is none other than Kevin Godbee!! Those of you who have not been over to oompaul.com to check out Olie's podcasts are really missing out. With just a few exceptions his podcasts are extended interviews with someone in the pipe and/or tobacco industry. The are a wonderful complement to the pipesmagazine radio show.
Olie Sylvester

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Thanks for the tip! I hadn't checked his most recent podcast. Good to know. I'll give it a listen today.

Status
Not open for further replies.