PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Back when I joined the forum, I had been smoking a pipe for several years, and I thought I was fairly learned in the ways of the pipe. Boy, was I wrong! I had my 1/2 dozen blends or so that I smoked, a couple of aros, burleys, and an English or two, no flakes, no straight Va's or Va/Pers, and that was it. All totaled I had around 18-20 pipes, and maybe 2 or 3 pounds of tobacco in the cellar.
Well, after joining tis forum, and having you guys as enablers, in less than a year my collection and cellar has grown substantially! 50+ pipes, around 35lbs in the cellar, and about 90 blends available for smoking! I've also came to find many new blends that I love, thanks to you guys. I've really started to enjoy Va's and Va/Pers, and have come to prefer flakes most of the time.
I just want to say thanks to all of you!
PS, sorry for the grainy iPhone pics.
Here's a couple pics of my colletion/cellar when I started here;
image19-600x450.jpg

image20-600x450.jpg

And here's a couple pics from now;
image222-600x461.jpg

image223-473x600.jpg

As you can tell, you guys are a BAD influence on me, lol! Thanks for that!

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
My girlfriend says 'stop influencing my boyfriend!'. Nice one man! Glad to see you're thoroughly enjoying yourself.
You are one of the main guys whom I always make sure to pause and read when you're on here.
Cheers.
Warren.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Awesome Petes03. Truly a great art collection. My wife looks at my pathetic collection and says, "You could be a store for other people." If she only knew. Congrats on your 4000th post. I enjoy reading them.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Thanks guys! I really do appreciate the kind words an compliments.

Perique, I've still got that bottle of Jim Beam 7 Year, and with my throat a little sore, I might just have some in the morning when I get home!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Congrats on the milestone pal.
I also enjoy reading your posts and admiring your pics. That cellar is fantastic!!!! Enjoy.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Keep on posting and puffing Petes. You're one of the guys that makes this such a great place to hang out. And a fine enabler to boot!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm around the same number of posts, and the same number of pipes, although a more modest level of pipes mostly,

but nowhere near the leaf, though I have some lovely tins aging. That's a handsome array of pipes. Impressive.

Yeah, Forums members bring a dazzlingly wide range of experience and ideas to the hobby (bad habit?). I'm always

learning something new, from the attributes of really small pipes to how to cut cube tobacco, and much more.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Wonderful setup, Pete. And you and MSO have given all of us about as much as we've given you. The value you've added to this forum is right up there.

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
That many posts since June! 8O Amazing. Nice collection and good posts as well.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Congratulations. 90+ blends is something I could never achieve. I am gonna hit that long awaited 100lb mark soon.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Congratulations and respect from England, Petes. It's been great to read your posts and to hear your insights. The folk and the commentary on this site have been a revelation and source of enjoyment for me, and I am very grateful. I don't go on any of the other pipe sites, including the English ones, as I get all I need here from you and the other guys and girls.
On another front, are those Clive Cussler books any good? I often look and wonder...
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.