banner

Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:   

Peterson's Summer Time 2012 Blend

(19 posts)
  1. goontoe

Scott

Login to Send PM

Has anyone tried this one yet? It sounds very good. I noticed that P&C got a shipment in yesterday and I've been considering buying a tin. However, I don't see any reviews on TobaccoReviews.com about this one, so I'm a bit hesitant.

Any thoughts?

Summer Time 2012 Blend

Edit: Added link.

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. matchstickman

Pipe Novelist

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Got really excited right up until I read the part about lime. Not sure how lime would taste in a tobacco, but then again, I have smoked weirder aromatics. I have two Peterson blends in the cellar and should probably get around to trying them as I have heard a lot of good things about them. If you do decide to get a tin, let us know how it is!

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. garyovich

garyovich

Login to Send PM

Ordering right now! I've been wondering when it would be released. Always LOVE Pete's summer blend, special reserve as well.

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. mluyckx

BelgianTex

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Too much of a "She put the lime in the coconut" for me guys... let us know how it goes

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker" aka T.C.Haliburton
    Posted 6 years ago #
  5. kabong30

kabong30

Login to Send PM

Holy crap! I've been looking for this for a while! It'll have to wait til payday, hope it doesn't disappear.

Posted 6 years ago #
  6. sjpipesmoker

sjpipesmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm on it next payday...sounds good!

Posted 6 years ago #
  7. goontoe

Scott

Login to Send PM

It's been a couple of weeks since we last chatted about this. Has anyone tried this blend yet? If so, what are your thoughts? I haven't ordered a tin yet, but I may add it to an order I'm placing this week.

Posted 6 years ago #
  8. kabong30

kabong30

Login to Send PM

Yes, I love it! I'm not sure how well I can decipher all the flavors, but it's pretty freaking awesome.

Posted 6 years ago #
  9. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have a tin of it. I'm just kinda forcing myself not to open it right now. I have some other samples from members that I am trying out right now. There are those on the forums saying I should definitely open it immediately. I'm just letting the anticipation build up for that first taste I guess. When I do open it, I will report back.

Posted 6 years ago #
  10. rigmedic1

rigmedic1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

G.L. Pease mentioned that aromatics are intended to be smoked right away, and do not necessarily age well. I recently opened some Peterson Special Reserve 2004 that I found; it tastes okay but tore my mouth up. I would recommend not sitting on your aromatics too long.

Posted 6 years ago #
  11. ohiopuffer

ohiopuffer

Login to Send PM

I should have some on Monday it sounds pretty interesting and I have never smoked Peterson's tobacco.

Posted 6 years ago #
  12. rigmedic1

rigmedic1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Please give us a review, Ohio. I like Peterson tobaccos, but I need to dry em out a bit before smoking them.

Posted 6 years ago #
  13. terry

terry

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sounds good but you never know untill you try it.

Posted 6 years ago #
  14. sjpipesmoker

sjpipesmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yes, please Ohio... A review would be nice... Not too sure about the lime in the tobacco, usually that goes in my coronas!!

Posted 6 years ago #
  15. ohiopuffer

ohiopuffer

Login to Send PM

I didn't get it today but should have it tomorrow.I will definately let you know what it is like.

Posted 6 years ago #
  16. lordofthepiperings

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Had a bowl of it yesterday. Not too bad, but not as amazing as last year's or this year's Special Reserve blends. Pretty mild mellow smoke. The rum and coconut flavors come through from time to time and the tobaccos come to the forefront occassionally. It burns pretty evenly and into a nice white ash. Doesn't need too many relights. Overall a good blend, but not as good as the other LE blends I've had so far from Peterson.

"The thinking man always smokes a Peterson." -Peterson of Dublin
    Posted 6 years ago #
  17. goontoe

Scott

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the review, lordofthepiperings.

Posted 6 years ago #
  18. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I tried it. Flavor was just a little too much. It burns really well but I was hoping the flavor of the tobacco would be a little more predominant. Not bad, just not for me. I put the remaining tin and a half up for sale/trade.

Posted 6 years ago #
  19. jallen49

jallen49

Login to Send PM

Had the change to give it a whiff the other day at my tobacconist... Heavy smell of coconut with a side order or rum. Definitely reminiscent of summertime smells. Can't say anything about the taste though...

Posted 6 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   tfdickson, danimalia, aldecaker, jravenwood, jpmcwjr, hoppes, vangoghpipe