PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I ordered up a tin when I saw it was available on smokingpipes.com. I love Peterson and my heritage is nearly half Irish so I love St. Patrick's Day. I've been a big fan of the limited edition Peterson blends, so I figured it'd be another solid aromatic.
The first thing I noticed when I cracked the tin was the lovely fruity aroma. It's a nicely cased blend for sure.
The next thing I noticed is it's a cube cut blend. I've never had a cube cut before. Never even cube cut a flake myself before.
I have to say loading the pipe was a bit awkward. I also had a bit of a time getting the bowl going. Once it did get going though it was burning just as good as their ribbon cut blends. Very little maintenance is needed. Just a nice even cool burn.
It's a bit more of that passion fruit than the mango flavor. The Virginia is solid and shows itself nicely from time to time. I can't really detect the Orientals. Flavor wise it's pretty close to the Summertime 2012 blend.
Not getting any tongue burn from it.
Overall it's a good smoke. I'm sure with time I'll get the hang of this odd cube cut.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Thanks for posting your impression of the blend! I ordered 3 tins a few weeks ago and am planning on busting one open on St. Patrick's Day and letting the other two age for 6-12 months.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Peterson does a good complex aromatic with a secure base of tobacco flavor, unlike many aromatics. I think they improve a little with time as the Virginias ripen and the flavorings calm down.

Jan 8, 2013
It is indeed a good blend. This was the first cube cut tobacco I've ordered before as well. I have cubed flake before, but they weren't as good as the flakes in this blend and didn't burn as well. LOTPR is right. A bit tough to get going at first, but no issues once it got up to speed. I thought the blend was a real treat. As much as I love my Peterson pipes, this was the first time I've smoked a Peterson tobacco, and I was quite impressed. I'll probably be trying more Peterson blends in the near future.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I ordered a tin of this blend to try and enjoyed it very much. So much that I ordered another three tins to keep on hand.

I smoked the first couple bowls just gravity packing the cubes and that worked ok.

I rubbed out the next few bowls and let it dry a bit before padking the pipe and that worked out really well and has become my preferred way to smoke this blend.

Very pleased with this blend for sure. :puffy:

bigred324

Lurker
Feb 26, 2015
If you don't mind me asking, where did each of yall buy yours? I purchased one, and am now wishing I had gotten more, because I absolutely love it.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I got this tin from smokingpipes.com, but sadly I think they're already sold out of it. It looks like pipesandcigars.com is out of stock as well. 4Noggins seems to be out of it as well.
Might have to call up some B&Ms and inquire.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Bigred I bought mine from Smokingpipes but I see now that they are out of stock on this blend.

Hopefully you will be able to find a tin or two somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.