PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

noizbox8

Lurker
Jul 27, 2016
Good day everyone. My name is Basil and I'm from South Africa and is really glad I found this awesome forum. This will be my first post so here goes. I have this little pipe that I truly love. It's a Peteron's "Sports" No5 but there's a small problem. Its got a fine tight crack where the shank and the bowl meets across the bend on the top. The crack goes around about 60% of the way. The crack is so fine that you almost don't see it without giving it a slight downwards pull on the shank. I would like to repair this but do not know how to proceed. I understand that the crack needs to be clean but it will be almost impossible to get into this tight crack. Would anyone be able to give me some advice. I can post a photo if needed (just need to make sure of picture rules on your forum)

Thank you in advance.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Blowout the crack with compressed air then use a syringe with a small gauge needle to inject glue.. I've tried all the fancy high tech glues but found Elmers carpenters to work as good and cleans up with wet paper towel.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I gave up a pipe with the same problem. Don't do it. A little glue will probably give you years of use from this one. Just don't use this pipe for travel or knocking around.

willc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
If it is a hairline crack you may have to go with the very thin CA glue.

Wood glue or white glue is preferred but probably too thick for this application.
Whatever route you go give it ample curing time then take it slow and build a decent cake.

Hopefully it all works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.