Not open for further replies.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Rustic

rsylvius.jpg

Sandblast

bsylvius.jpg

Sorry for the noob question.. but, is the Rustic craved into the wood the the Sandblast

is as it says sandblasted? most to the sandblasted pipes I see looking around are a natural

color?
just have too much free time this morning and was wondering..

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
"is the Rustic craved into the wood the the Sandblast

is as it says sandblasted?"
Yes to both.
"most to the sandblasted pipes I see looking around are a natural

color?"
Come again?

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
That Peterson sandblast is a pretty typical sandblast colouring style as far as I've seen. Not to say that natural isn't but there's usually some stain involved.
I personally prefer the look of their sandblast above their rustication. Actually I can't stand their style of rustication but that's just the opinion of one man who has been spoiled by the fantastic Brigham rustication. :D

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I said I was a noob.. evidently most the naturals (unfinished) are corals? or maybe I hang around Mark's site too much. thanks guys.

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
Ichbien, i had to look them up.......
Here are 2 brighams but the rustication is very different.

brust1.jpg

brust2.jpg

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I like Peterson's sanblasts, the rustic not so much. The red under the black isn't my favorite color but in my eye it's the ring patterns that matter most. I have to agree with ichbinmuede and say I strongly dislike the Pete rusticated finish. A sand blasted pipe shows off the natural beauty of the wood. Rustic is an art form at the hands of man.
024peteblast.jpg

Any way don't apologize for a great question doc! That's what it takes sometimes to start an interesting discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.