PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
I just opened a tin of 3p, and was wondering how you guys prepare your plug tobaccos. Do you prefer to leave it in a flake, rubbed out, shag, cubed?

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I haven't tried 3p so I don't know how I would like that blend. The plug that I do smoke I prefere to bend in half and stuff in then sprinkle some rubbed out around it. Unless I'm mixing the blend then I fully rub out just to mix it easier.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have no experience with 3P, but it's my understanding that rubbing it out will produce more flavor, but leaving it as is will produce a slower, cooler smoke (which should allow more subtleties in the flavor). It would be interesting to hear from someone who has actually made the comparison.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I also have no experience with this particular blend but I can say from smoking others that I prefer to either rub it out or going with the cube cut method. I never could acquire the necessary technique for leaving the blend whole and keep it well lit.

Jul 12, 2011
I like to slice this into flakes (keep the plug moist/in a mason jar, etc so you can slice it) ,then give those flakes

it a few hours of dry time. After that a fold/stuff like all my flake style bacci and it is a fantastic

smooth/cool smoke with great flavor

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I normally cut into very thin flakes, almost shaving it off. Then I rub it out and let it dry for a bit before packing. 3P's is definitely in my top 3 tobaccos and I smoke it regularly.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
Typically i will cut it to flake and fold and stuff but my tin recently dried out real hard so it has to be rubbed out.

iantimothy

Lurker
Apr 11, 2012
I have a very sharp knife and I slice the whole block in one go. the slices are about 1/8 thick. I then keep them in one of my sealed tobacco jars ( the slices will keep for months ) when I want to smoke the 3P's I take a slice and rub it out until the flakes are like ribbons, I then pack the tobacco tightly into any pipe in my rotation, I NEVER get anything other that the most wonderful smoke with this preparation. If you would like me to do a YouTube video of this let me know..

Status
Not open for further replies.