PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
I picked up a tin of this earlier today. I had a bowl right from the tin and it smoked well but had a little too much moisture for my liking. I fluffed up the tobacco in the tin and little paper cup and let it sit out all day to breathe. I had another bowl after supper and it was 'ok'. I found it to be very light in flavour but the tobacco shone through. It was almost like smoking Amphora Brown and/or Red. It was an alright smoke. I know as I go through the I will find more things but overall it's a nice blend I could enjoy anytime of day.

aikatal

Might Stick Around
Apr 10, 2013
I recently finished my first tin of Peterson Irish Whiskey. I enjoyed it a lot, especially in an after-dinner pipe. I found that it improved after I left the top off the tin to "air out" the tobacco for a couple days-- better moisture level and more intense flavor.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I started my tin of Peterson Irish Whiskey just moderately pleased. It was a nice mild aromatic

with good robust tobacco flavor. But as I got to know it better, I enjoyed it more, and by the time

I was scratching out the last flakes from the tin, I really liked it. It's straightforward but has some

complexity, and it definitely doesn't bury the tobacco in flavoring. The whiskey might add a little

boost, but it is very subtle. The tobacco carries the day. I like it and would order it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.