PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
A recent purchase, before and after. The lighter color in the after pictures is due to the exposure. Pipe is still in the UK, but I will have it here soon. Pipe dates to the period 1910-1915/16. Seller was in Buckfastleigh, Devon. Interestingly, on Buckfastleigh, I found this,
Buckfastleigh straddles the confluence of two small streams from Dartmoor. To the west of the town is Brook Manor house, a grade II listed property, built in 1656 for Richard Cabell, Lord of the Manor of Brook. He was the subject of a local legend. It is said that on the night of his death (ca. 1677) black hounds, breathing fire and smoke, raced over Dartmoor and surrounded Brook Manor House, howling. Cabbell's unusual tomb was allegedly designed to keep his restless spirit from roaming Dartmoor. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle based the Sherlock Holmes story Hound of the Baskervilles on this legend.
Restoration was done by Dean Wakeman at Esate Pipe Shop.co.uk
http://www.estatepipeshop.co.uk/
I only have a few Peterson's, but this is the oldest. A neat old pipe!
petedl-600x288.jpg

deanpete-600x450.jpg

deanpete2-600x450.jpg

deanpete3-600x450.jpg

deanpete4-600x450.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
A stunning piece and another masterful restoration by Dean. That shape really flows (a bit like the Duhill LC). I'd love to see the smile on your face when you light that one up for the first time. Savor that one!

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
@dmcmtk
Dave how did you find out the information for dating this pipe.I have just bought a pete with London & Dublin on it (In that order which I think means a london made pipe} but can find nothing on dating.

It too is marked Peterson,s with a forked P and is listd as a 503 model special

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311793442731?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Status
Not open for further replies.