PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
This aromatic is a selection of matured Virginia tobaccos from Brazil and Africa blended with a loose mellow Black Cavendish. A tasteful flavor consisting of vanilla, walnut, and honey has been added.
I am working through all the Peterson blends and popped a tin of this tonight. When I opened the tin I got a nose full of the honey smell and something I couldn't put my nose on. Maybe the walnut. It is wet as expected with an aromatic but felt dry enough to smoked right out of the tin. Lit easily. I packed my S. Yanik Panel Meershaum sitting in my office and am still working through my first bowl as I type this.
I like a sweet smoke. Just my pallet. Peterson's Connoisseur's Choice (CC) and Sweet Killarney (SW) are my two favorite blends period. CAO Moontrance and Eileen's Dream are next. I don't feel I get the sweetness off the bat with De Luxe as I do with CC, SW or the others I mentioned. I think it is a pleasant smoke. But I am not in love with it from the first light as I was with CC and SW. The flavor or nose it not as "their" as I would like it to be.
I think I hoping for more of upfront honey nose feel and am just lacking anything prevalent. Will work through a few more bowl before I make my final decision. This is the first Peterson aromatic I am not impressed with, including all the Holiday and Special Seasonal blends.
What is your experience with this particular blend? I think Nutty Cut will be the next one for me to open.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I enjoy De Luxe Mixture. To me it has a rather nutty flavoring. The honey seemed to be a nice accent to it for me. I usually pick up a tin during the holiday season as it tends to set the mood for the season nicely with it's nutty flavor and aroma. Pretty decent smoke. It lit well and burned rather nicely. Didn't burn/bite much at all. Overall a good smoke but, like you said CC has a bit more flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.