PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
OK, you Peterson fans out there. I just ended up in the receiving end of a tin of this tobacco, which I've never tried. Has anyone here any experience with CC?

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I have not had CC. Let us know how it is.
I love Peterson Navy Flake and Python's review of the Irish Flake was very good.
On the other hand, the Gold Blend was a big thumbs down. I'll be publishing that one soon.
So let us know how the CC is.

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
It's not way up there on my to-puff list, but I'll get there. From what I've heard - and it may have been hyperbolic - I will need to spray my tongue with flame retardant before I smoke it.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
That's my favorite blend in Peterson's regular lineup. Great quality aromatic that tastes like it smells and doesn't burn the tongue. Goes great with a cold glass of Bailey's.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
For my palate Peterson's CC was lacking in flavor. I love Peterson, must be the Irish in me lol. I was quite excited to try all the Peterson tobaccos and distinctly remember I was enthused to try PCC. But I was disappointed. Of the Peterson tobaccos I fell for Irish Oak, Hyde Park, Irish Flake, and University Flake.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I've been wanting to try CC for a while now but haven't gotten around to it yet.
I do enjoy their seasonal specials like Holiday Season, Summertime and Special Reserve.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Great quality aromatic that tastes like it smells and doesn't burn the tongue.
Makes me want to try it. Peterson's has many gems that wouldn't seem to be as good as they are...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I had a tin several years ago and found it harsh. I am sensitive to aromatic flavorings but not to strong tobacco, so that may be the offender. Neither Virginias nor strong burley give me a problem, but aromatics do.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
I smoked a ounce of it recently, and thought it was a top quality aromatic. No tongue bite, and tastes like it smells. It's now sold in bulk 1lb bags, so your local tobacconist might sell it in bulk. Mine recently started carrying it at $6 an ounce.

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
Good to know! I have an unopened tin that's a few years old. Looking forward to enjoying it around thanksgiving :)

Status
Not open for further replies.