PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Hi all
I received today a Peterson Atlantic. This makes three Petes I own in the X105 shape (small billiard) - the beginning of a seven day set perhaps?
I rather like the x105 - it's a smallish pipe just right for that daytime smoke. I will Christen the Atlantic this evening with a bowl of Old Ironsides.
A pic of my 'trilogy': the Fisherman, the Atlantic, and the Dracula.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
:clap: -Score!!! Terrific looking set, and a cool picture (the St. Bruno jar is just sweet).

Very nice, four more to go .... :D

I was thinking the same thing. :lol:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That is a very snappy set of Petes. You can't beat a straight billiard, and smaller bowls can give a long smoke with flake/plug/coin/rope, when you want it. I like your focus in assembling that group of Petes, with a dash of color on the stems. Very nice, and good photo too.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
That’s a nice set of Petes but let me share a cautionary tale with you. I too have a favorite Peterson shape. It’s the XL 21 Bulldog (AKA, Sherlock Holmes Hudson)and I too started out with a set of three different finishes as a weekend set. That in time morphed into a seven day set. Which in turn became a collection of all the different finishes made. One became three, three became seven and seven became over twenty and all because I loved the way the first one smoked. By the way, they all smoke that well. I share this tale so you know what fate might await you. But just for the record, I wouldn’t change a thing. Enjoy and happy hunting. You’re off to a great start.

bigbee

Might Stick Around
Sep 10, 2012
A late reaction but: a very nice set and maybe the start of a lifetime of collecting...

Should you acquire more pipes in that shape, do not hesitate to post more pictures

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
Didache- very nice set!! I love the Atlantic and the Fisherman series.

My 03 Dracula Pete has become my go to pipe, so I was thinking of buying one of two those for a while. Getting all of them is certainly easier than deciding which one ha ha.. Enjoy!!

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Thanks guys for all your responses. There aren't a whole lot of Petes in the X105 shape: currently there is the Jekyll & Hyde one (which I am not sure I like) and the U.S. one in the Round the World series (which looks nice enough). There are some in older series - I will keep my eye on ebay for those.
The St Bruno jar, which some of you have admired, was a promotional item in 1996, the centenary of St Bruno. I got mine on ebay about ten years ago. It is a lovely heavy thing and would hold about 200g packed in - and, yes, I do use it to store St Bruno.

Status
Not open for further replies.