Peterson Tobacco - To Bite or Not to Bite?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
I'm wondering, am I the only one that seems to suffer from bite with the Peterson Tobaccos.
Peterson is one of my favorite pipe makers, and I love the flavors of Peterson Tobacco, but I seem to get a good deal of bite out of them.
Maybe Peterson requires a slower puff than the other tobaccos I like.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I just picked up 3 tins of Sunset Breeze and I haven't any trouble with bite. I'm new so I don't think I puff correctly yet, plus I'm a cigar smoker so I generally take big long puffs out of habit and still haven't had any bite. Good luck cause I love the flavours as well.

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
Me too. I love seeing billowing smoke so I can tend to take big long puffs.

It's been a while since I've had some Peterson, but when I noticed I had a problem with bite they had already been open for 2 or 3 months and still in their original tins....

Perhaps dryness had a factor in it, but I can't remember if it gave me bite before of just after that time...
I have a Hyde Park I am contemplating trying soon, but it is different than the others I've tried so it might be a completely different experience.
The ones I seem to have a problem with we're: Irish Whiskey, Sweet Killarney, and Luxury Blend.
The University flake was fine, but then again, it's completely different.

I'm thinking perhaps I just have to be much more careful with maintaining the moisture level. I might have to try Sweet Killarney again... I did enjoy the flavor.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I experienced quite a bit of bite from Sweet Kilarney which, like most aros, was fantastic in the tin but left much to be desired in the pipe. This put me off from trying other Peterson aromatic blends.
I enjoy University Flake and do experience the "Juicy Fruit", but only near the bottom of the bowl,

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I like Peterson's Irish Oak and there isn't much bite for me. Irish Whiskey is good but I like Oak better. I have a tin of 3P but haven't tried that one yet.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I love seeing billowing smoke so I can tend to take big long puffs.

... The ones I seem to have a problem with we're: Irish Whiskey, Sweet Killarney, and Luxury Blend.
You have defined your own problem - big long puffs on aros.
I have had no problems with bite with Pete blends, but I don't take big long puffs, either. I have smoked a ton of Old Dublin, have started smoking Sherlock Holmes on a regular basis, and have smoked Uni Flake, Irish Flake, Irish Whiskey, and Irish Oak. The last 4 are not my cuppa, but that has nothing to do with bite.
Try changing your smoking technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.