PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
Wow, I almost ordered some this morning. I can't stand flavored tobaccos. Thanks Bob for the head's up on that.

It gives me a headache. Then I have the smell in my pipe for bowls afterwards. I bought some of Nording's blends. The only one that I find very good is Retriever. The rest have flavoring added that I can't stand. I'll have to find them a new home.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
That sounds like a different experience for Peterson tobaccos. All the Peterson tobaccos I have tried started with a fruit or vanilla or chocolate scent, but seldom held any other flavor than the tobacco, and often the room note disappears for me after a few minutes, as aromatics tend to do. The exception being Irish Oak , of course.

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
This is one of my favorite aromatics. As stated in the review, you can actually taste the Amaretto but you do have to smoke it slow.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Sunset Breeze is my favorite blend. As noted a slow smoke rewards best and I have found this aro remains fairly stable even towards the bottom of the bowl. Tonight I even left my pipe half smoked while we went to dinner and I am finnishing it now. Try that with an ordinary aromatic. Peterson's blends are good stuff. I highly recommend. My tin is almost empty so on the TAD list it goes.

arabpipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2012
I think out of 3 blend i have (Sunset / Kelinarry / DE Mixture) i know from where to start

Thanks for the great review

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
Yep, it's actually pretty tasty. They also make a whipped cream vodka that's not bad.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Well... that sounds... disgusting. Although I can see why it pairs so well with Sunset Breeze. Alcohol that doesn't taste like alcohol and tobacco that doesn't taste like tobacco.

fishnlady

Lurker
Sep 3, 2012
United States
Cyndi, I just read your comment about the vodka and I do have to try that vodka, thanks.

About the Sunset tobacco: I have been thinking about trying it but after reading Bob's review I think I might not. I do not like an Amaretto flavor. But I just tried a new blend called Franklin's Blend from G & P Fine Tobacco here in Alaska which has a wonderful Vanilla/Caramel aroma which does not come through while smoking but the smooth mildness agrees with me quite well, (being a new pipe smoker). Can any of you recommend an aromatic that you have really enjoyed smoking and that might be mild? Thanks

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I really like this blend. not much left of it in my open blends so i smoke it sparingly.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
It is one of the best ones offered by Peterson's I must say. I like this and Sweet Kilarney almost equally.
But you really need a huge pipe to get the whiz bang sweetness this stuff can deliver. I smoked it first out of a normal pipe. 3/4" deep X 1/2" dia. chamber and was fine but nothing like puffing it on a giant. Man the giant let's the smoke breathe and oh man does the sweetness come alive in these blends. WARNING - Once you get a giant or two for thee blends you will consume your tin at 4 times the normal rate but in the end it delivers the "right stuff" this way and the taste is 2nd to none!

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
For those of you who have tried this: is it just me, or is there a weird kind of "sour"-like flavour that is washing over my tongue when I smoke this? I'm just starting my first bowl of this, straight from the tin, but wow, what a weird flavour. The funny thing is I really like amaretto liquor. :?

May 7, 2014
Nowadays hair wigs have become another important part of people's daily makeup except clothes and shoes. More and more women especially young girls tend to change their monologue hairdos with colorful wigs. However, to refresh your look from time to time, try to restyle synthetic wig which can be learnt from http://www.hairwigsall.com/categories/Synthetic-Wigs/ is also should be paid attention to. The related specific websites can help a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.