PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
Well I guess I just learned my lesson. I have not been in the game very long. Last night I saw the awesome Peterson St.Patrick's 2015 in the 68 shape. They just arrived. Last night it sunk in that I would not be able to resist it. It was still on my mind when my eyes opened at 4 this morning. I came down to buy it and they were all gone. You dirty bastards.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Sorry for that, maybe keep looking around, you never know what might turn up. In either case in my short time I have learned that if you want it you better pull the trigger ASAP. Live and learn.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I highly second on pulling the trigger ASAP, especially with limited edition pipes.
I was informed by SmokingPipes.Com yesterday via Twitter that the St. Patrick's Day pipes they loaded Thursday, around 100, were half gone by noon Pacific time Friday.

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
The series was oversold to retailers almost 2 months before they were even in stock. This years series seems to be one of the most popular in years so if you see one you like I would recommend snagging it asap. More won't be coming back in stock.

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
I just bought the 68 on ebay. I got it for $109 which is $15 more than I should have grabbed it for from smokingpipes. I also had to pay $8 for shipping and tax for a total of $117. Not too bad I guess.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's nothing, stan, I ordered a pipe (not a Peterson) that was still there and I still lost it to someone else ten seconds quicker. In the case of the holiday pipes, I've noticed that these various ones show up long after that holiday, and that year, are gone, so if this ever happens to you again, and you don't find it quickly as you did this time, you can often find it later, often at a slight discount. You can't count on it, but it's pretty common.

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
I just got stiffed by my e-bay seller. They gave some cock and bull story, but I'm sure they found out they could get more for it. I half expected this. Oh well now I have $117 to put towards the Northern Briar and am looking at.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
At the moment of greatest acquisitive excitement, the pipe in front of you seems all-important and irreplaceable; but it's not. Another will take its place.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Hey Stanlaurel, not sure if you were interested in the Peterson St. Patrick 68, but I have a new one that I was considering selling on eBay. I dove head first into pipe smoking this past month and ended up buying a few more pipes than I probably should have, so this was one of the pipes I was considering selling. If/when I decide to post it, you want me to message you and let you know?

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
Well, I have finally obtained my coveted St Patrick's Day 2015 in the 68 shape.
peterson-2015-st-patricks-day-68-600x399.jpg

The interesting thing is that I was willing to pay $94 and then I had it and lost it for $117 and then I gave up.
I stumbled on it at a site called pipedivan and got it for 75 euros shipping included. With the collapse of the euro from 1.38 all the way down to 1.06, that translates to only $79.
If anyone has been considering a purchase denominated in euros, now may be the time to pull the trigger.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Picked up an '05 and 3 tins this past weekend. The pipe was $94 and the tins $12.50 per. Since it was their Pete days promo weekend I was comp'd one of those green Pete pipe ashtray.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
stanlaurel, now that's a happy ending. Your pipe goddess was watching out for you.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
WOW!!! What a great story Stanlaurel, we got to see it from beginning to end. The whole rollercoaster ride. Best of all, we got to see the happy ending!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Glad you eventually got the pipe you wanted and for a good price to boot.

You'll have a great story to go along with your new pipe too.

Enjoy! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.