Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Peterson St. Patty's 2014... And A Dilemma.

(69 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by anthonyrosenthal74
  • Latest reply from aquilas
  1. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

When I received my 2013 St. Patty's Day pipe last year, I decided I would begin a new tradition... to purchase one of these pipes every year. This was a tradition I've been looking forward to continuing all year and was planning on another XL90 shape just like my 2013. And now the St. Patrick's Day 2014 pipes are here. Smokingpipes.com has them, as well as pipesandcigars.com. I should be overjoyed, right? Well they rusticated them this year, and I'm just not a big fan of rustication. I've seen a few rusticated pipes that were ok, but most just don't speak to me. I'm afraid I won't allow myself to pull the trigger on one and it seems my new tradition is over before it even began. I know it seems kind of pathetic, but I'm actually kind of disappointed... perhaps even a little sad. So what say you all? Should I let the dream live and purchase a pipe I may not fall in love with basically only because it's rusticated? (it could after all turn into a great smoker like my other one) Or should I pass and let the tradition die a terrible early death?

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 5 years ago #
  2. bigboi

bigboi

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Maybe you can turn the tradition to a St. Patrick's Day pipe buy vs the actual St. Patrick's Day pipe. If you are not to crazy about rusticated pipes then it makes sense not to buy something you feel you may not smoke and enjoy.

“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.”
    -Albert Einstein, 1950
    Posted 5 years ago #
  3. teufelhund

teufelhund

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I wish I could have a tradition like that as well. The first and foremost thing when It comes to pipes for me is that if it doesn't speak to me I will most likely psych myself out and not enjoy it. That being said I have bought pipes for sale in lots and been surprised... It's a tough call. You could easily just switch it to buying a Peterson for St. Patricks day every year, not just the St. Patricks Day pipe.

Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world. - Irish Proverb
    Posted 5 years ago #
  4. goldsm

goldsm

Login to Send PM

30% of my pipes are rusticated. Specially SAVINELLI HANDMADE ring-grainwith plateau top and
    DANISH SPECIAL sun-rising blast from bottom of bowl are my favorite.
    Btw what is a "tradition"? only a good thing makes tradition? I guess combine everything whether good and not so good. When years passed it will show up front of your eyes.

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

You could go backwards. Do you have one from 2000? Mike at briarblues has one...

http://briarblues.com/r15.htm

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I wanted to begin with my first year of smoking a pipe and move forward, Coalsmoke. 2013 was my first year. So it just wouldn't seem right to go backward. That is a beautiful pipe in the link, however. Great suggestions everyone and thank you. Perhaps I'll just purchase a Peterson Harp or an Aran if I can find a good deal on one.

Posted 5 years ago #
  7. rigmedic1

rigmedic1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am not really thrilled with the sandblast either, this year. Maybe you should buy a Peterson you like every year, since they are all Irish anyway, and make that your tradition? I mean, if you budgeted the money anyway, maybe buy a different shape every year!

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. dervis

dervis

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am on the opposite side. Not a general fan of Pete's I've owned swore them off personally. This years versions are testing my rule.

"You have to be a man first before you're a gentleman. "

John Wayne
    Posted 5 years ago #
  9. mrjerke

JJ Pipes

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm with Dervis. Didn't plan on buying another Pete any time soon but this year's pipe is actually kind of calling me. Maybe I've gone crazy from this brutal winter.

Jordan

"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." - Marjorie Pay Hinckley
    Posted 5 years ago #
  10. petes03

petes03

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I actually like the sandblasted 2014 St. Pat's quite a lot. When I first started smoking, I didn't like rusticated or blasted pipes either. But as time went on I found myself gravitating towards them. Nowadays a good percentage of the pipes I buy are either rusticated, or sandblasted.

I say go for it Anthony, it might grow on you.. And you never know, you might have a change of taste and really get into blasted and rusticated pipes one of these days.

Posted 5 years ago #
  11. sallow

sallow

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I buy a pipe every Guy Fawkes Day.

Posted 5 years ago #
  12. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've seen a few blasts that I really like, Pete. I'm just not a huge fan of rustication such as on these Petes. However I have seen a few pipes with that style of rustication that I thought were quite nice... mainly those that were partially rusticated or partially smooth. If I do decide to purchase one, it will because I REALLY wanted to start a tradition of a st pattys day pipe every year and it would have to be another XL90 like mine from last year. I love the way that pipe feels in my hand. And it's one of my best smokers. Needless to say it's going to be a hard choice for me this time lol.

Posted 5 years ago #
  13. ravkesef

ravkesef

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I never had a Pete until a friend of mine two years ago persuaded me to try one, so I got the 2012 St. Patrick's Day pipe. I loved it and then I got the 2013 St. Patrick's Day pipe, and I love that one, so it will be hard keeping me away from the 2014 St. Patrick's Day pipe, rustication or not. Of course, I wish they had given us more options, but that's the way it is. Anthony, me boy, you are faced with a decision that only you can make. Best of luck!

Eric
    Posted 5 years ago #
  14. jah76

jah76

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Anthony you're over thinking it. Keep your tradition, buy the pipe...then give it to me since you don't like it.

I have to admit, it doesn't trip my trigger either. That darn Hopkins from the Sherlock Holmes series keeps calling me....when I resist it reminds me that the Kinsale line is cheaper....

Posted 5 years ago #
  15. User has not uploaded an avatar

wilson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Take the plunge, get the rusticated pipe. That is, I think the value of getting the St Patrick's Day pipe, or the Christmas pipe or . . . every year. You commit to take what they offer and that's how you expand your horizons.

Posted 5 years ago #
  16. User has not uploaded an avatar

dd50

Login to Send PM

I'm with Wilson, go for it. It is a neat tradition and if you were really planning to do this every year there was bound to be finishes or shapes that didn't speak to you. I never liked the look of Rhodesians, but picked one up as part of a sale and I ended up loving that pipe. If these 2014's smoke well, I think that rustication is going to look much better to you.

Posted 5 years ago #
  17. brdavidson

brdavidson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I saw one in person at the shop her in Buffalo Anthony, and I was really impressed with the finish when I saw it. I say go for it, if it really isn't your cup of tea then return it. However, I'm with Wilson and expanding your horizons. The pipe I just bought has a natural finish and never like the looks of before. Who knows, it could turn out to be a favourite.

Posted 5 years ago #
  18. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would make the tradition buying a Peterson St. Patricks pipe every year they appeal to you. Don't
    buy something you don't like for a tradition. Are you sure the whole series is out? Sometimes other
    versions are offered; there are still a few weeks to go. Personally, I like some rusticated pipes and
    some sandblasts. I even like some hokey rustication if it happens to appeal to me, like my LaRocca
    poker with a patterned carved rustication. At first I rejected it, but after a few weeks, it played on
    my mind and I went back for it. It's a good pipe, and funky gorgeous.

Posted 5 years ago #
  19. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidintexas

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Only you can make that decision, Anthony, but I agree with those that are urging you to go through with it. If the tradition is what you had your heart set on, then stay true to it, and see how it goes. Like you and others have said, it might end up being one of your best smokers, and you may come to treasure it. However, you may wait awhile and see if any others become available that you might like better. Good luck!

Posted 5 years ago #
  20. pylorns

pylorns

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have the exact same problem - I was planning on buying one this year - but to me, I can't handle that I'm not a rusticated guy.

Posted 5 years ago #
  21. drwatson

drwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I just dropped the dime on one of the canadian shapes, I really like this years model. More Irish I think with the green and rustic.

John
    Posted 5 years ago #
  22. drwatson

drwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I just dropped the dime on one of the canadian shapes, I really like this years model. More Irish I think with the green and rustic.

Posted 5 years ago #
  23. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The trouble with going ahead, if you don't like rustication, is that they may repeat the rustication next year,
    in a different stain or shape, and then you'd be into it for buying another rusticated pipe you don't really want.
    I say, stick to your guns with what you like. Buy them if you like them, and the price point, and not otherwise.
    (After a certain age, the years come around so fast, this won't even seem like a sacrifice, just a bit of a wait.)

Posted 5 years ago #
  24. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Everyone is making some great points here. And I'm on both sides. That is why it's so hard to make my decision. Wilson does make a good point as far as broadening my horizons. I'll think on it

Posted 5 years ago #
  25. docwatson

docwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was also looking at the new 2014 Saint Paddy's Day Peterson pipes. I did not see any rusticated pipes but all sandblasted ones. Being a fan of sandblasts I am going to get one if they don't sell out first because they are flying off the shelf from what I see. If they were Carved/Rusticated pipes I would pass as those don't interest me at all. The nice part about being sandblasted vs. smooth is that the smooth pipes will all have fills that would be obvious in that price line, and the sandblast finish will not show any fills, nor would a rusticated pipes. Good luck in your choice Anthony.

It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling---Mark Twain
    Posted 5 years ago #
  26. mrenglish

mrenglish

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I will probably get one as I am a fan of rustication and blasts. Since those are not your thing, I would agree with the others who suggested getting a regular Peterson.

Michael
    Posted 5 years ago #
  27. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I actually like the sandblasted 2014 St. Pat's quite a lot. When I first started smoking, I didn't like rusticated or blasted pipes either. But as time went on I found myself gravitating towards them. Nowadays a good percentage of the pipes I buy are either rusticated, or sandblasted.

I say go for it Anthony, it might grow on you.. And you never know, you might have a change of taste and really get into blasted and rusticated pipes one of these days.

+1 on all counts. There was a time when I never thought I'd own a rusticated or sandblast, and now I happily own several. Tastes change. I still like my smooths just as much, but rusticated pipes are just as nice to my eyes now.

Also, these St Patty's look like sandblasts to me, which personally I prefer over rusticated.

"Be seeing you"

Posted 5 years ago #
  28. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

anthony, if you are weakening, you may be ready for a textured pipe, and these are sandblasts, not rusticated, so
    that is a finish that does preserve the grain, though not with a smooth finish. There were only two left when I went
    to smokingpipes.com, 1/26/14, and I thought the 230 bent billiard was an especially nice version, light weight but
    plenty big enough. If you decide to make a departure into a textured briar, these particular pipes would be a way
    to do that.

Posted 5 years ago #
  29. drwatson

drwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

They are going quick! St.Pat's dont seem to hang around to long.

Posted 5 years ago #
  30. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So they're blasts and not rusticated? Blasts I might be able to live with. I've seen a few blasts that I really liked. I may take another look.

Posted 5 years ago #
  31. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmason

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Anthony I had the same mind thoughts about blasts and rusticated pipe until I bought one they kind of seem to grow on you, I fully think if you buy one you will not be disappointed. With that being said I don't own any Petersons so I can't speak of quality.
    ~Ron

Ron
    Posted 5 years ago #
  32. yazamitaz

yazamitaz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Anthony,

I have the same aspirations. A St. Party's Day Pete, 3 tins of McClelland Christmas Cheer, and I am sure some other annual traditions. I looked at them on a few sites and liked the body, but was hoping for a Zulu or similar shape. I will still get one, probably the apple shape, but am not in love with the shapes I have seen.

Posted 5 years ago #
  33. phil67

phil67

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've learned years ago, and I'm certainly not just referring to just purchasing a pipe, is to never purchase something that goes against your inner feelings/taste, etc. Usually, you'll end up having that (subconscious inner doubt?), and it's just not worth it. Always go with your gut feeling. I'm certainly not touting smooth, rusticated and or sand blasted as that is your, and or anyone's personal preference/taste. Always go with what you honestly feels right for you and don't be swayed by others. After all, when all is said and done; you are the one that will have to live with it... not us.

~I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.~
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. Mark Twain
    Posted 5 years ago #
  34. brudnod

Spencer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Anthony,

Early in the thread, someone mentioned getting older editions of the St. Patrick's Day pipes. I have been watching eBay for the past week and did not see much encouraging. That is not to say that you could not be vigilant and get some along the way. I have a 2005 St Paddy pipe (Rhodesian smooth finish) that I would be willing to part with, I would guess that there are others so inclined...

Either way, we are with you!
    Spencer

Posted 5 years ago #
  35. rmbittner

rmbittner

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Anthony:

Just a note for the future:

I've never heard of a company offering similar Christmas pipe shapes/finishes from year to year. In my experience, each year's offerings stand alone, so you can often tell at a glance what "year" someone's smoking.

Pardon me if you knew this already, but it sounded like, from your OP, you expected to be able to get a duplicate pipe the following year.

Bob

Posted 5 years ago #
  36. dochudson

dochudson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

well may problem is my earlier St. Pats are all XL90 but this year that Canadian is really whispering in my ear. I know most will say buy both.

I Enjoy Aromatics
    I Enjoy Peterson Pipes
    Posted 5 years ago #
  37. ravkesef

ravkesef

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

While we've been gabbing, SP and P&C have sold most of theirs. 4N has a few bents, COJ appears to be well stocked. I just ordered a #264.

Posted 5 years ago #
  38. aquilas

aquilas

Login to Send PM

I'd say just go for it! Even though the rustication isn't your style, it shouldn't take away from the smoking experience you'll get out of it.

I wanted to pick one up last week when word that P&C had it, but I slept on it and the morning after, they were all sold out =.

Posted 5 years ago #
  39. dcrguns

dcrguns

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

SP has some right now. I just got the Canadian. I think it looks very Irish. This is my 20th anniversary gift. It is on March 17th! Happy patty's day.

Posted 5 years ago #
  40. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I wasn't expecting the same finish, Bob. I've seen later year pipes and it seems they change it up. I just wasn't expecting them to go blasted or rusticated. Last year I got the XL90 shape, which they have again this year and I know they've had in the past as well. Blasts are ok, I've seen a few that I thought were quite nice. And I'm sure the pipe will look better in person than in a photo online.... they usually do, and the green rim is a nice touch.

Spencer, thank you for the offer But I want to move forward from the year I began smoking a pipe. It was a year this January, so I want 2013, 2014, and on from that

Posted 5 years ago #
  41. blendtobac

blendtobac

Tobacco Blender Extraordinaire

Login to Send PM

We had 60 and blew through them in a couple of days. We have 70 more that should arrive any day, but St. Patrick's Day pipes always fly out the door as fast as they come in. I think they did a nice job on the way they finished the blasts this year and would probably grab one if I didn't want to make sure that our customers had first dibs.

Russ

Posted 5 years ago #
  42. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just a footnote on these holiday commemorative pipes: I've heard, and I think it's true, that St. Patrick's Day
    is a relatively minor holiday in Ireland, not quite as remote as Arbor Day here, but not the big festival it
    is in many cities in the U.S. I think it was more the Irish who came here to the U.S., and later millions of
    non-Irish who got in the spirit of the holiday, that made it what it is in the States. I grew up in Chicago,
    with Richard J. Daley, an Irish mayor, where they dyed the Chicago River green for St. Pat's, as they do in
    a number of other cities with rivers. I suspect Peterson sells many more St. Patrick's pipes in the U.S. than
    in Ireland. My St. Patrick's Day pipe isn't part of their series, but part of the Around the World Series,
    the pipe for Ireland, that is a bent bulldog with a wide band engraved with the Celtic Cross. That gets me
    in the spirit, and an Irish coffee, if I can find or make a good one.

Posted 5 years ago #
  43. aquilas

aquilas

Login to Send PM

For anyone still interested, P&C seems to have had a restock on these pipes! I checked last night and they had some that weren't marked at "out of stock". Was able to put in an order for the canadian. (hoping it wasn't a fluke in their system...)

Posted 5 years ago #
  44. phil67

phil67

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yep, I just received an email from them that they are back in stock. HERE. Not a bad price, and some very nice looking choices of styles. Just a shame that none of them are offered in a smooth finish. Whatever, and I'll pass as money is tight, and the idea of a special 'holiday' pipe is just nothing more than hype IMHO and doesn't mean squat to me. Of course if one is trying to work up a special collection that is a different story. Being retired, and living on a pension certainly leaves me out of that group.

Posted 5 years ago #
  45. oldtom

oldtom

Login to Send PM

A week ago I pressed the key and purchased a shape #107. It's quickly become one of my favorite pipes and a good smoker. I've been trying to limit my pipe purchases and decrease my collection but the green bowl rim and the sandblast attracted my attention. Of course it being a Peterson and the price certainly got me. I'm a collector and admirer of Petersons.

Posted 5 years ago #
  46. User has not uploaded an avatar

thedeus

Login to Send PM

I just picked up a 2014 St. Patty's shape #68 from Outwest Tobacco. Really nice looking sandblast and the smooth kelly green rim looks great too. Of course the majority of my pipes are rusticated or sandblasts anyway.

Posted 5 years ago #
  47. broth

broth

Login to Send PM

People like what they like. Personally, I think if the sandblast isn't your thing then you shouldn't buy it. Just because you wanted to make it a tradition doesn't mean it will work in practice. I like the idea someone else suggested of buying a pipe for yourself for St. Patrick's Day every year. It doesn't have to be an "official" St. Patrick's Day Pipe. You can even stick with the Peterson theme if you want and just buy a pipe that suits you.

I will say though that my tastes in pipes changes all the time. When I first started smoking the only things that looked right to me were smooth full-bent shapes. I just had that picture in my head of what a pipe was. Now, however, my favorites now are straight or very slightly bent rusticated or sandblasted pipes. I'm sure at some point that will change again. The point being that you could always buy a sandblast now for your St. Patrick's Day collection and see if it grows on you. If not Peterson pipes seem to sell fairly well in the estate market...especially unsmoked. You probably won't get all of your money back for it, but you would probably get a large chunk of it.

Posted 5 years ago #
  48. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

anthony, whatever happened? Did you buy the Peter 2014 St. Patrick's Day pipe or decide to sit this one out?
    The suspense is excruciating.

Posted 5 years ago #
  49. gregprince

gregprince

Login to Send PM

I was never much of a fan of rusticated pipes until I got a Steve Weiner rusticated. It is now one of my favorite pipes. Sounds like a solid tradition and you may find that your horizons are expanded as you buy pipes that are out of your comfort zone. Won't you be kicking yourself when you have a collection of 49 St Patrick's Day pipes and are missing just one.

Posted 5 years ago #
  50. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

mso489 asked....

anthony, whatever happened? Did you buy the Peter 2014 St. Patrick's Day pipe or decide to sit this one out?
    The suspense is excruciating.

Well I decided I was going to go ahead and get the pipe in an XL90 shape... Unfortunately funds have fallen through and I'm going to have to put it on hold and hope upon hope that I can grab one later. Still a while before St Patty's Day. I just hope they don't all sell out before then. I'll see what happens. Wish me luck

If I remember right, I didn't even order my last one until late February or early March last year. I might be ok.

Posted 5 years ago #
  51. ravkesef

ravkesef

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I pulled the trigger on the Canadian, shape #264, and the nice UPS man just delivered it.Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos">

Posted 5 years ago #
  52. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Congrats Rav Enjoy the heck out of it! Are you going to wait until St. Patty's Day to break her in, or are you going to start early?

Posted 5 years ago #
  53. anglesey

anglesey

Login to Send PM

I like your tradition, but don't be too sad. All my briars are rusticated, and while peterson might have lost your custom this year, they have gained mine.

Posted 5 years ago #
  54. mhasman

mhasman

Login to Send PM

my two to celebrate St. Patrick's 2014 - smooth #150 DUBLIN & LONDON and sandblasted #150S PREMIER

Posted 5 years ago #
  55. ravkesef

ravkesef

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Congrats Rav Enjoy the heck out of it! Are you going to wait until St. Patty's Day to break her in, or are you going to start early?

Anthony, I can't begin to tell you how many times in the past three days I've picked that pipe up, wanting to try it out. However, the current plan is to make a tender corn beef brisket on March 17, along with all the trimmings, and then follow it up with an Irish coffee and my new St. Patty's day pipe. Hope I've got the resolve to stick it out! Thanks so much for your good wishes --and if any forum member finds himself or herself in Cheshire, Connecticut, on that day, drop on by for dinner and that Irish coffee, and smoke a bowl. And if it happens to be any other day of the year, the welcome mat is still out.
    Eric

Posted 5 years ago #
  56. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good luck holding out for St. Patty's day Eric. It sounds like you have a wonderful day planned out.

Posted 5 years ago #
  57. petes03

petes03

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Anthony, I'm sure they'll be around for a while. My wife got me a 2013 St. Pat last year for our anniversary, which was in October!

Posted 5 years ago #
  58. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well many of you know I was pretty torn between whether or not I should get the 2014 St Patty Petey. Well I've been staring at them and staring at them, and I've read everyone's posts that replied in the original thread, and to be honest, they had started to grow on me. I finally decided I wanted one. I had to keep the (very new) tradition alive.

The dilemma this time, is I didn't think I'd be able to come up with the funds soon enough to get one before St. Patty's day came and went while watching the stock of XL90 shapes slowly disappear. It had to be an XL90 or nothing at all.

Out of the blue today, my favorite lovely redheaded latakia loving woman (my girlfriend)told me she wanted me to have that St. Patty's Day pipe, and she was paying for it. I'm like "Really?" She came into a little extra funds and wanted me to have it. So tonight I hopped online looking for it. Smokingpipes.com had two or three xl90's yesterday so I went there... nothing. Pipesandcigars had some so I searched for an xl90 there.... nothing. I went to a couple other sites... nothing. Cupojoes has been very good to me in the past so I went there... they had one! So I snagged it!

Thanks everyone who chimed in. As soon as it arrives, you know I'll be posting photos up here.

Posted 5 years ago #
  59. ravkesef

ravkesef

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Anthony, I'm so glad you got it, and you're one lucky fellow to have a wonderful lady who wants you to have that pipe. Treasure both of them.

Eric

Posted 5 years ago #
  60. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Even better than the pipe, the gift. Those are handsome St. Pat's pipes, and I think you'll enjoy it.

Posted 5 years ago #
  61. mrenglish

mrenglish

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Awesome!!! She is definitely a keeper and congrats on the new Peterson.

Posted 5 years ago #
  62. pixiechitos

pixiechitos

Login to Send PM

Cool story Anthony. Sounds like a nice tradition. Imagine your collection by the time you're wise and grey.

Posted 5 years ago #
  63. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks all. Now the waiting game begins.... Which is quite possibly both the worst part and best part of ordering a pipe online

Posted 5 years ago #
  64. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks all. Now the waiting game begins.... Which is quite possibly both the worst part and best part of ordering a pipe online

Posted 5 years ago #
  65. augusto

augusto

Login to Send PM

Great to hear that you decided to keep the tradition, post pictures when you receive it!

I never thought about buying a sandblasted pipe, but I will be on vacation in Ireland and I will be there in St Patrick's day, so I thought that would be something nice to have, a St Patrick's day pipe bought in Ireland. I think I will go with the X105, or maybe the 264. Let's see

Posted 5 years ago #
  66. pixiechitos

pixiechitos

Login to Send PM

I'm thinking this is such a good tradition I might go with the X-mas pipes. They are radically different, heavily rusticated and the stem looks beautiful. I'm thinking of an Xmas 106. How close to Christmas will these become available? Any ideas?

Posted 5 years ago #
  67. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pixiechitos the Christmas pipes come out around October if I'm remembering correctly. I wanted to make a tradition of those as well, but was unable to this year. They are still selling them, and you can find them still from past years as well. I may yet get my Christmas 2013 pipe (that would have been for my first year of smoking a pipe so I really wanted to start there)even though it's nearly March lol. But in a way it just doesn't feel right to me... since it's so long after Christmas lol! Still, at least I'm getting my second St. Patty with dreams of next years pipes already.

Posted 5 years ago #
  68. pixiechitos

pixiechitos

Login to Send PM

Yeah I'll probably also only start with 2014. St Paddy's is not really celebrated here in South Africa and my Irish links are doubtful

Next I want a church warden.

Posted 5 years ago #
  69. aquilas

aquilas

Login to Send PM

Congrats Anthony! Well played by your significant other!

augusto, if you decide to go for the 264, you will not be disappointed. It's the one I got and it's really a nice Canadian pipe. I've been waiting to break it in and it may happen tomorrow while I'm an Irish pub for my Irish cousin's birthday! lol

Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   ashdigger, redglow, railman, alaskanpiper, sholto, anthonyrosenthal74, cigrmaster, redone, newportpipe, donjgiles, jeff540, jpmcwjr, trubka2