PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

billm67

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Camp Hill, PA
I have been poking around on the internet for the last several weeks wanting to buy another Peterson. I bought a Rock of Cashel XL02 before Christmas and it has just been and terrific pipe. Enough so that my Boswell's are sitting alot of the time, as I just like the shape and feel of the Pete in my hand. I went down to the pipe shop at lunch time today to pick up some tobacco and Mel had five or six St. Patrick's day Peterson's in the case. One of them was an XL90...they size/shape that I have really wanted to see in person. It's nice to go to a Pipe shop where the owner is a pipe smoker...because all of the shapes and sizes of pipes he has are ones that pipe smokers like (and I suspect buy as well). If you get a chance...Wingenroth's pipe shop in Lebanon, PA is the place I am talking about. Well...when I saw the size/shape I was looking for, the rest as they say...was history. So I came back from lunch with a half pound of great pipe tobacco and a new Peterson St. Patrick's day 2012. It was a little more than I wanted to spend right now...but the wood was great on the pipe and when the exact thing you are looking for is right there in front of you and the price is as good as what you'd pay for it buying it off the internet....it's just hard to say no.

rafterman

Might Stick Around
Apr 19, 2011
I recently bought a St. Pats 264, its a canadian shape. For the price, I am very staisfied with it, and its a lovely smoker. I cant blame you for pullin' the trigger on it!

billm67

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Camp Hill, PA
Ok...I took a group photo. The top one is my St. Patrick's Day 2001, the middle is the Rock of Cashel XL02 and the third is my new St. Patrick's day XL90.
Petersons2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.