Status
Not open for further replies.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Anyone tried it yet?
0003801_special-reserve-2014.jpeg

With absolute best bright Virginia, ripe Burley leaves and tobacco grades carefully selected from the tobacco fields of three continents, our Special Reserve 2014 is created. A portion of the tobacco blend is pressed to form cakes then cut into small pieces and hand blended with exclusive ribbon cut and cross cut Virginias.

The result is a delightful scent of berries mixed with a hint of exotic fruits, which makes it an exquisite smoking pleasure.

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
I've been to the Peterson website a number of times to enjoy this years offerings and am excited to try this year's special reserve. I also really like the look of this years POY and the Christmas pipes.

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Delightful! I found a tin of this at my local B&M.
I was reluctant at first to pull the trigger with basically zero opinions on this blend on the internet, and since the 2013 Edition was not my favourite (there is just something about lemon VAs that disagrees with me).
Upon opening the tin two things jump at me. First, the unusual cut of very broad Cavendish, Burley and Orange VA shreds. Second, the intense berry / cherry / fruit punch flavouring. Red fruits and berries topping doesn't necessarily make me all too happy - I'm more a friend of the natural tobaccos. But then again, W.O. Larsen's 2010 Edition was topped with a red berries flavouring and that was a remarkable, nay, outstanding blend.
The contents in the tin are so goopy that I'll have to let it dry out over night - sorry I can't offer any tasting notes, yet. To be continued ...

natibo

Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
I just got a tin of this yesterday from SP. My tobacco was rather dry and ready to smoke, not goopy at all. I like it. It has enough nic content that I won't have to add too much dark burley to it. It seemed to smoke cool for an aromatic. I used L'Antara 2 egg straight apple.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I was given last year's (2013) as a gift, and it is a pleasantly complex aromatic that is not over wet.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I have mine down in the cellar - I let my "specials" age a year before smoking. I'll let you know next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.