PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
were the original SH pipes available with a military mount?

2583_1.jpg

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
The Sherlock Holmes series do not have military mounts. They have silver bands. I have the SH Original shape which is similar to the one you have pictured. I believe this is the XL05 pictured.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
That's news to me!! I did not see them listed on Peterson's website at all. I did see that they are the 9mm filter pipes herbinedave..............

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
they look interesting.. I like black blast and that original Sherlock shape. I think I might pull the trigger.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Just to resurrect this thread a little, does this mean any you buy from the UK, as from ebay, will all have the 9mm filter system but those bought from, say CupO'Joe's won't?

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Just to resurrect this thread a little, does this mean any you buy from the UK, as from ebay, will all have the 9mm filter system but those bought from, say CupO'Joe's won't?
I have purchased a few Peterson's from the UK, and all of them were not 9mm filter pipes. The seller will usually state if the pipes are 9mm filter pipes or not. This is by the experience that I had. :puffy:

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Unfortunately the recently purchased "Professor" has the filter system and it wasn't so stated by the seller. No big thing, though. I've ordered some adapters. The filter sent with it wasn't that bad but I guess it's a mental block against them. It's just another unnecessary expense.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Sorry about that colcolt, I ordered the original, mycroft, strand, and all were non filter. I know things like that can be a bother, and you raised a very good question.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I love this little pipe, well...little compared to my Ferndown, but if you're a clincher it's superb and hangs naturally. Destined to be a top favorite. I may order some filters just to have them on hand if necessary but I think I'll end up using the adapter. The one I ordered comes with an O-ring.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I did but didn't care for that much. It just didn't draw right for me and with this pipe. That's a large hole without at least some restriction. I think I'll like it better with the adapter. I didn't want to have to buy a years supply of filters so, that was the better of the two options.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I did pull the trigger on the pic I posted a couple of weeks ago.. whenever it finally get's here I'll post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.