Pipes Magazine » Pipe Talk

Tags:   

Peterson Rosslare with Odd Stamping

(9 posts)
  1. agnosticpipe

Orley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

After lusting after this pipe for a couple of years, I finally pulled the trigger and picked up this estate pipe. I mean there always seemed to be something else I wanted, but lately the pull for this pipe came back. I'm not a huge Peterson fan and I do have a few, but never one of the newer nicer pipes. This pipe had hardly been smoked, very clean with no problems. Just one question... What the heck is the stamping, "Smokers Forum 2009" on the right shank supposed to be for. The seller seemed to remember that it was a specially made pipe for the Smokers Forum. Well I can't seem to find anything about this pipe and the forum it was made for, but the stamping sort of looks to be done at the factory. Also, it seems to be missing a shape number, although I know it's a shape 69. Lots of smokers forums out there, so I thought I'd just post it here to see if anyone has any ideas.

The pipe smoker formerly know as agnostic pipe
    "Fried food, hard liquor, and tobacco, that's the holy trinity!"- Stacy Keach
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. irishearl

irishearl

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Used to hang out @ that forum quite a bit for some years. Yeah, they did POY's for some years and that was 1 of them. Unfortunately, they don't get a lot of traffic there anymore. Used to be a hopping place.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. unkleyoda

unkleyoda

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Some forums will have POTY pipes. The Pipe Smokers Of Ireland (POSI), a Facebook forum, has a POTY from Peterson every year.

So you say you can drink? Well, I'm from Wisconsin. Try to keep up.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. irishearl

irishearl

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That was the only time they had a Peterson pipe for their POTY. May have been 1 of the few times it was even a factory pipe as they typically had carvers whip something up. PSOI usually has a pretty enticing Peterson every year but I've never bought a forum pipe.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. agnosticpipe

Orley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ok, thanks for the input guys, but I'm still not clear as to which smokers forum this is for. I can find Smokers Forums in the UK, and Pipe Smokers Forum which seems to be here in the US, but not a Smokers Forum, singular. I guess it's not all that important, I was just wondering which forum this pipe may have been made for.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. irishearl

irishearl

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

UK.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. unkleyoda

unkleyoda

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm a grammar nazi, the pipe is missing an apostrophe. E.g. Smoker's Forum.

But I digress.

Nice looking pipe though man.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. agnosticpipe

Orley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Got it, thanks again. I do love the looks of this pipe, and even though it's not the most expensive pipe I own, it's definitely the flashiest!

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. unkleyoda

unkleyoda

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm a big Peterson fan, I need to buy a Rosslare.

Nice looking pipe.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

banner

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   mrenglish, cigrmaster, spartacus, danimalia, alaskanpiper, madox07, condorlover1, tkcolo, jpmcwjr, canadianpuffer, mngslvs, donjgiles, hugodrax