PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Just picked up another pipe, I want to try War Horse/War Horse Green and figured I could use a dedicated pipe for it. Decided on this lovely Sherlock Holmes Strand Sandblasted Silver Mounted P Lip. The sandblast/stain combo looks outstanding, I can't wait to see it in person! The pictures below are from the retailer's website, I didn't take them. I ordered it from the U.K. and it won't ship until Tuesday, it's going to be a long week and half waiting for it to get here... Anybody own one of these, any great or not so great experiences with them?
image2-600x342.jpg

image13-600x493.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
I love the shape of the Strand. It was the first Sherlock Holmes pipe I was interested in. Strangely enough I haven't purchased one yet. I do have a Hudson, however, and I love it. I hope that one brings you many great smokes. Congratulations and enjoy the heck out of it! :clap:

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Anthony, I'm between paydays so I had to improvise, and quickly, while in a state of panic I came up with "enjoy it". I think we all know what I'm talking about. :rofl:

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I, too, have a "Strand" smooth finish with a reddish stain, that my wife bought me at the old Grafton store, on our trip to Ireland in 2002. I also have a "Hudson" rustic and an "Original" from the first issue. All are fine smokers.

My best wishes for a lifetime of great smokes with your new pipe.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Thanks, gents! Glad to hear these are of good quality. It looks like it’ll be super comfortable in hand, I don’t clench much these days. These do seem a bit large and heavy, almost 2 oz or something like that? I saw some similar in the U.S. for cheaper but they only had nickel bands. I love my silver bands so I forked out and went for the U.K. specimen. I think it was like $138 including shipping. Oddly enough I really don’t like eggs, or 1/8th bent, or sandblasted finishes all that much... but I really love the way this pipe looks. *shrug*

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Turns out somebody hit buy at nearly the same instant I did, only earlier! I was just told that it went out of stock before the website could show, and I won’t be getting this pipe after all! Back to the drawing board for my War Horse pipe...

Jan 8, 2013
No way! Found another for you, if interested! https://www.pipedivan.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_13_34&products_id=2466

bogfire

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2019
Wow, that is too bad. I was just outbid at the last minute on a lot of estate pipes.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the link, Anthony. I can’t decide what to do now. Part of me still wants one, another part of me thinks the universe was telling me to get something different. The Strand is juuuust odd enough that I could see myself not smoking it as much as my straight billiards. Or more due to its uniqueness? Fuck if I know... I’ll have to do some soul searching.

Jan 8, 2013
That's happened to me before. A pipe sold that I was planning on, but then didn't know if I really still wanted it anymore :rofl: But if you change your mind in the near future, you should be able to find another.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Yeah I’m not terribly torn up about it, plenty of pipes out there that are insanely attractive that I don’t yet own... thanks again for looking out!

Status
Not open for further replies.