PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
what is your favoret Peterson pipe and why? Be Honest.

atuukson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2011
Sweden
Love my Peterson donegal rocky 80s, smokes great and looks awsome! but all of my petes smokes great ;)

16k4d3o.jpg

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
My Pete system 315 is probably my favorite Peterson, with a big deep bowl and the thing manages to pull a teaspoon of moisture out of every bowl of tobacco. It is therefore dry and cool, and the balance of the bent pipe makes it comfortable to hold in the teeth for long periods. I am somewhat partial to the P- lip stems, but I don't get tongue bite from the fishtails of my other pipes either, so I don't know if the P- lip actually does anything differently. I also have 2 churchwardens, a tankard, an Apple, a Canadian, and an x105 billiard from Peterson. My cousin smoked Pete system pipes exclusively because of the dryness.

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
I am looking forward to trying my first Peterson on Christmas day - assuming that my dear Step Daughter has picked up on the hints / messages and emails I have left on the subject!! :) Any of the Peterson System pipes would be a very welcome addition to my collection of pipes.
But, as a slight aside, my favourite Peterson product so far is their University Flake closely followed by Nutty Cut blends. OK, I know they outsource the manufacture to another company, but they are 2 blends I will always have on hand.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
well my fav Pete would have to be my Kildare it is my only Pete it has some great birds eye and i bought it years before i actually took up the pipe full time

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
tank1.jpg

My Peterson Tankard

Per alt.smokers.pipes a Don, this is the "old" style with the stick-bit stem. It puts me in mind of the trade pipes with respect to it's simple lines.

Light weight, easy and comfortable to clench, simple to clean.

Performs well with every blend I've put in it regardless be it shag, ribbon or flake.

Refuses to gurgle and with the barest hint of cake and relatively thin walls it rarely passes warm.
I've a few other Petes and enjoy them all, but this Tankard rocks!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
My first and only Peterson thus far:
pete-1.jpg

Smokes like a dream and LOVES bright Virginias and Virginia/perique blends.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
I have two Pete's,a standard system red and a Sherlock Holms Original.They both smoke great and my favourite of the two is the SH. :puffpipe:

terry

Oct 7, 2011
Thanks for the posts gentlemen..I'm thinking about buying one for Christmas.

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
Definitely pick yourself up a Peterson if you don't have one. It's worth it to at least see what all the hooplah is about. I currently have three (Rock of Cashel 408, Donegal 106 and Emerald 87) with another in the mail (Donegal 80s) and hopefully another for Christmas :lol: . To say I have the beginnings of Peterson PAD is an understatement. They all stay relatively cool to the touch throughout the smoke and have draws that I find are right in my "sweet spot".
As far as Petersons as a whole, the shapes, finishes, and price point just work for me. I find when I start looking at pipes from other makers, I'm just not compelled to make the purchase.
My only issue is with my Rock of Cashel 408. The fit of the shank, brass band, and stem doesn't streamline very well. Granted, the RoC line is (from what i've found) the second cheapest line on offer. Still, for ~$60 you'd still expect a little better fit and finish. Of course this is just one pipe, your mileage may vary.
My current favorite is my Emerald 87. The bowl is on the small-side, which i've found is excellent for flakes and higher nic blends.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
pipes-0011.jpg

Definitely my favourite Pete that I own. Aran B5. Great bulldog shape with wonderful grain that smokes heavenly. Absolutely love the p-lip stem on it. Makes for a great tasteful smoke.
It's hard to say which of the many Petes I don't have and yearn for is my favourite, but if held at gun point I'd have to say other than what I have now I'm really wanting an ebony 2011 Pipe of the Year. Love the panelled billiard shape and the ebony finish on it looks very classy.
As you stated I love the Petes because of their great price and quality. Haven't had a bad one yet. Also the fact that I'm virtually half Irish and half German plays a bit of a part in it as well.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
My Kinsale XL23, dedicated to Penzance...bought for 50.00 used on BofB forum. I love the feel of the smooth round ball shape. The first picture is of the P-lip model I have. Second pic is another photo of one with a standard stem.

PetersonXL23.jpg

PetersonKinsaleXL23.jpg

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I only have a peterson 313 system, i had some terrible luck breaking it in and it took forever, but is starting to give me some better luck

Status
Not open for further replies.