PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Well, I didn't want to do it, because I was wanting to focus on tobacco right now. But Smokingpipes has a 15% off sale on Estates and this pipe popped up. I rarely buy my Petes as Estates. I prefer them new. But I made a rare exception for this. I've wanted one of these since 2013, which was the first year I smoked a pipe, but even though I've seen a few here and there, I've never grabbed one because I was either looking for something else at the time, or I didn't have the funds. Well, technically I was looking for something else this time around too, but the odds of what I'm looking for showing up somewhere are extremely low, so what they heck. One of the things that struck me about these was the raised "Smoking Man" logo on the silver band, which isn't shown well in these photos. I'll provide more photos of that when it arrives. And the shape is somewhat different for a Peterson, but it still LOOKS like a Peterson, if that makes any sense. I guess you could call it graceful, yet stout, which Peterson does so very well. I think it will be a fantastic addition to my Peterson collection.
004-004-6480.9965.jpg

004-004-6480_1.3581.jpg

Of course, now that I've spent the money, that other pipe I've been hunting will likely turn up somewhere :rofl:

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I saw that on the SPC and thought it was a pipe to have. Congratulations on the purchase. Enjoy the ......burner a lot.

Jan 8, 2013
Enjoy the ......burner a lot.
:rofl: It will be a unique part of my Peterson collection, which is great. I've wanted a 2017 as well. Last year's pipe didn't appeal to me, but it would be nice to have one for every year since 2013. Now the waiting time begins.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Of course, now that I've spent the money, that other pipe I've been hunting will likely turn up somewhere :rofl:
Isn't that how it always works? Good lookin' Pete! You know my story about that sale. :mrgreen:

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Congrats on the pipe. Love the thinking man image. Anthony, if you're interested in obtaining Pete POY's and like the raised figural images on silver bands as do I, you'd probably want to check out their 2015 Founder's edition pipes, which I recently bought. It served the place of their 2015 POY. Has a beautiful, broad silver band with the raised image of Charles Peterson on the band.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nice brandy shape with great metalwork and best of all for a pipe-of-the-year, no corny plaque. I wish they wouldn't put those little square plaques on POY's. This one's perfect.

Jan 8, 2013
, you'd probably want to check out their 2015 Founder's edition pipes,
I nearly grabbed one of those when they came out. It's been on my list for some time. So yeah, eventually I do plan on having one in my collection. They're quite nice, especially the smooths. I'm curious what they're going to do this year with the POY.

Jan 8, 2013
It arrived today! I've a few more photos, although my photos are never as good as Smokingpipes. It's about as large as I was expecting it to be, just a tad smaller than the Peterson B42. The shape and size lends itself to a great grip in the hand. I might be wrong, I believe the original owner dedicated it to Black House. I may just do the same, but I'm really thinking I'm going to have my first smoke in it with The Country Squire's Old Toby. It's a toss up. I've pretty much made all of my Petersons my aromatic pipes.
MZjFPrx.jpg

Number 198 of 1000 :mrgreen:
gVRQbYu.jpg

The raised "Thinking Man" logo. The flash made it look kinda scary! 8O
tWvq6QF.jpg

I'm going to be firing it up in just a few minutes :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.