PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
So I haven't posted in forever due to lack of time for anything but work and sleep, like everyone else here I'm sure, but I needed to get this one on here. A nice story about a little gem of a shop and a great smoke.
I was bored today and decided to do a little online research of all the different tobacco shops in Six Nations Reserve. I found a great little store down in Haggersville dealing only with cigars and pipes (and everything else that goes along with them). I picked up some PPP that was strongly suggested by a gentleman who is a member of Lakeshore Smoke Stacks but not a member of the forum. the store clerk and this gentleman were very knowledgeable of almost every pipe or cigar in the shop. The three of us sat and smoked and talked for almost an hour. I learned a few things about cigars and picked up this great tobacco. I smoked my first bowl of PPP straight from a freshly cracked tin and I must say, it is a nice smoke. Smoked slowly it is full of flavour, burns nice with sips and puffs alternating. It was hard to pick up a room note over the great cigar notes but tasted great even with pre light drawing.
Anyway, make a long story kinda short, as we talked and smoked a couple forum members were mentioned (the few of us who were in Toronto Sept. 2013) and he was just as enthusiastic as me about pipes and tobacco . We were talkng while I was browsing through the CW selection as well amd he was so full of information about everything. I must say your club is lucky to have such a knowledgable member who has experienced so much different pipes/tobacco and cigars. It was a great time, I just wish I could've stayed longer to be able to learn more. Pruss and davidson will know who I'm talking about. He also bought some Trypis' from smokeybear a while ago.
So today's fantastic discovery of a little shop led me to a few purchases along with a ton of new knowledge on cigars. I bought a tin of PPP and a tin of University Flake. Also picked up a little 6" clay pipe (which I'd been wanting for quite some time) and a Capri 'Warlock' CW. The shop had a huge collection of pipes I wanted to look through all of them but didn't have enough time. I have wanted a CW for a while and having researched Capri in the past I found the type I saw two years ago online and didn't buy it. I kinda kicked myself for not ordering it but now I've found it. I can't wait to be able to sit down and have a smoke out of it.
I will definatley be heading back to his shop on a regular basis because of all the great stock they have for pipe and cigar smokers.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Pretty cool that you've found a new "happy place" and the shop now has a new customer, it's a win-win!

I'm lucky enough to be working part time in my favorite pipe/cigar shop and not too many are lucky enough to have that going for them but it's truly a wonderful thing for a pipe smoker to have a B&M that they can visit occasionally. Not everyone is that fortunate and they are stuck having to shop with etailers but even with that, as a whole our needs are met and new people can get what they want faster and easier than ever before.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nice to see you back and posting pal.
What that gent failed to mention, is that he's our club VP and is the club member who volunteers to teach the new guys how to load, pack, light, tamp, light and smoke their first bowl. He runs a one hour open-door "how to smoke a pipe" workshop every club-night at the start of the meets. He's a gem.
-- Pat

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Sounds like a great experience. We need to get something like that going here.
Glad you enjoyed the 3P's, one of my favorite tobaccos. I went on a slicing spree awhile back and prepped four plus so its ready to go whenever the mood strikes. Just finished a bowl in fact.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I smoked a few bowls of PPP when it was first introduced and distinctly didn't like its fruitiness, and traded away what I had. But I love plugs and it's calling me to try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.