PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I was digging around in my closet so I could take some shots of Dunhills for another thread, and I came across this Peterson pipe. I don't even remember buying it, but I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it or how old it might be,

billypm

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2013
You. Don't. Even. Remember. Buying it.
I think maybe it's mine and I just accidentally left it at your house. Yup, that's what happened all right.

Dec 24, 2012
It has 3 little symbols and says Petersons, Dublin, Sterling Silver". On the bowl it says Made in the Republic of Ireland" and then Peterson's Mark Twain

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
QUite a find all right. I have been looking for an older Mark Twain pipe for years! And you had it hid in the closet the whole time, lol.

Dec 24, 2012
I don't remember if I bought it in a store or online.
My guess is it is probably a recently made pipe. I see on online vendors that there is a Mark Twain two pipe set for sale. This is only one pipe though and it's clear from the case that it was only ever one pipe.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Some of us may still be a "tiny" bit jealous, lol. My OCD wouldn't let me forget I had a pipe in the closet, much less a Mark Twain and 3 Dunhills. That is a pretty pipe though, no matter when it was made.

easygoer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2013
Interesting history
http://pipedia.org/wiki/A_Closer_Look_at_the_Mark_Twain_Original_and_New_Pipes

Dec 24, 2012
Here's another pipe I found in the closet. I believe this one I bought when I dabbled in pipes in the early 2000s. It's a Ser Jacopo. The box says "dalla Gemma". I have to say, the box on this one is really cool - I haven't seen many boxes as plush as this. It must be an older pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
peck, if you ever need someone to clean that closet while you're away for the weekend .... Great finds. You've lost

more pipes than I've bought this year.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
Peck ... I'd love to discover a pipe even half that nice in my closet ... it would be a matter of quite some concern to me, however, if I had no recollection of ever having seen it before, let alone purchasing or being gifted it ...
My sister-in-law says she has 'half-heimers' ... only forgets SOME things ... perhaps that would explain your inability to recall anything about this pipe ...

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
I swear to God Peck! Just give me five minutes alone in your closet and I could die a happy man! ...that sounds a little awkward now that I think about it...

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Peck, that Ser Jacopo is one of their high line models that retail at 600.00. That thing has some seriously nice grain and a real nice shape. You should smoke it and let us know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.