PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I haven't purchased a pipe in a while, so I figured I was due. I ended up buying a Peterson Kinsale XL23 rusticated with a p-lip. If you don't know already the Kinsale line is a more affordable line of the Sherlock Holmes Series shapes. The XL23 is the shape that pairs with the Lestrade from the Return of Sherlock Holmes Series. It's a giant full bent apple. The rustication is done in dark red and black tones similar to the Donegal Rocky series.
It is a rather hefty pipe, but well balanced. It dangles easily from the jaw. Love the rustication and the draw on it is effortless. I can see enjoying this one for years to come.
Here are some pics.
peterson-kinsale-xl23-007-640x455-600x426.jpg

peterson-kinsale-xl23-006-467x640-437x600.jpg

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm a fan of the p-lip. I have three Arans that have it.
The pipe smoked wonderfully in the break in. I did get a bit of that funky new briar taste though towards the end. Overall a great smoke though. Wonderful draw and it stayed pretty cool.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Great looking Pete! I've looked at the XL23's many times, just never pulled the trigger.
I also enjoy P-lips, 7 of my 14 Petersons have them. I like Petes with any lip they want to put on them!

Status
Not open for further replies.