PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
So I'm primarily a latakia lover and majority of the blends I smoke regularly are heavy with it. I have always enjoyed a good flake and love FVF just as much as the next guy but I decided to branch out a bit and pop open a tin of Irish Flake I've had stored away for a short time now.
Seriously, where has this stuff been my whole life?!
Simply stunning tobacco. Great depth of flavor that is rich and had me at the first few puffs. As it burns down it just gets better and better. Then the nicotine kicks in definately leaves me nothing short of satisfied. Two nicely formed flakes folded and stuffed in my Castello Oom Paul and I'm in heaven.
Must buy more. Damn you TAD...

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Irish Flake is one of a kind IMO. One of the first non-crap-bin baccy I've smoked. It also taught me smoking cadence. I surely couldn't hang with it as a regular smoke due to the heavy nic level. 2 flakes in one sitting? I can barely manage half a flake over the course of the day .... I keep a couple tins on hand for special occasions.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Haven't had the pleasure of trying this yet but it sounds like I should....thanks.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I like Peterson Irish Flake in a cob during cool weather. I looked several years ago to buy some

in bulk, 8oz or so but could never find any. Think I'll have another look with fall and hunting

getting here.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Seriously, where has this stuff been my whole life?!
It was only released about 6 years ago. First review at tobaccoreviews.com is August '06.
I looked several years ago to buy some in bulk, 8oz or so but could never find any.
AFAIK,"Peterson bulk" is an oxymoron. They don't sell tobacco that way. I've been smoking Peterson blends for over 8 years,and have never seen it.
I like the taste of Irish flake, but don't smoke it because of the nic levels.

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
For a while, Peterson Irish flake was my nightly ritual before bed. Actually, I really miss that. Thanks for reminding me to smoke Irish Flake before bed!

johnny

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
Been smoking this one for about four years now and it's a favorite. Great rich flavor and strong, which I like in my tobacco

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I been wanting to try this one too. I like a good nic hit so it sounds like a fine smoke to me.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
This is one of the few tobacco's i just don't like. It just seems overpowering in some way. I cannot put my finger on it exactly as i like really strong flavors. I plan on trying it again in about a year though as my tastes seem to be changing as i progress through this hobby.

Jul 12, 2011
Try different packing methods to adjust flavor/kick (cube, rubbed, fold/stuff)

I like fold/stuff for this one....really great/rich all tobacco flavor

here...so if you only like Aro-blends , pass on this one ;-)

sajgre

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2010
It is great tobacco but I rarely smoke it because of its nic power. Still love it thou in fact I'm just smoking it in Dotter morta. :)

jameral

Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
I have a tin in the cellar, but I'm a bit of a nic wimp and haven't built up the courage to try it. I guess I need to put on my big boy pants and put a flame to this flake.

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
I bloody LOVE this stuff! Have 2 tins staring me in the face right now daring me to give them a go!
Nic is what I'm after in a smoke and this stuff delivers. Also, sweeter tasteing than most aromatics...

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
ms, thanks for reminding me about this blend. I just loaded up a thick walled dublin with this and am enjoying the hell out of it. This tin has been open for a while so it is at the perfect moisture level. Definitely going to be adding more to the cellar.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Smoked another bowl tonight on the road from Austin to Waco and back. I swear this stuff just gets better and better.
May try rubbing it out. Burns well folded but it takes a LONG time to finish off the bowl. Great experience though.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Ok now I'm intrigued lol thanks guys just another to add to the list of must try's

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Do you think it's "stronger" than University Flake in taste? Is it brighter or more tense? Same nic. levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.