PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
I thought after a few bowls of Peterson Irish Flake it was a mild smoke, however the last few bowls have knocked my socks off!

Seams to be stronger as it has dried out in the tin. Massive nicotine hit. I eat my words it's a strong tobacco.

Put it on your next buy if you have not tried it.

Just shows you first impressions can be wrong!

May 4, 2015
Yep - definitely a blend that lets you know you've smoked it. It's one of my favs when I'm in the mood for it.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
One of the first blends I've purchased, and after about 150 other blends sampled, it is still my great favorite.

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
I love flakes, so I'm surprised that I haven't tried a tin of UF yet...especially since I like high octane tobacco! I think I'll buy some in my next order.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
University Flake as David points out is not as strong as Irish Flake but it does have a fruity topping.
You might want to try the Rattray's 'match blends' Sterling Flake (for IF) and Wallace Flake (for UF). They're just as good if not better than the Peterson efforts.
Regards,
Jay.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Massive nic kick for me, too. I like it, but I only smoke it in my smallest pipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yep, if you mule-kicked by a blend, a small pipe is the way to go, or mix it with a lower nic blend. A small bowl for a primary smoke, to see how it goes, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.