PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
It arrived this morning--the House pipe promised to me by Glen at Peterson's. (I made mention of this in a past posting about 10 days or so below.) Talk about a man's man's pipe--it has a terra cotta stain, sterling silver rim cap and band (I was afraid they'd send a capped pipe), and a great pipe to read The Lord of the Rings with--in its entirety. It does clench fine, btw, but I wouldn't do it for long.

img_1517-600x301.jpg
img_1518-600x450.jpg

bigbee

Might Stick Around
Sep 10, 2012
Very nice. Although not a big fan of big pipes, a house pipe stands high on my list and this one has pushed it up a little.

Enjoy it in good health

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Thats a beauty!

I wouldnt make it through "Return of the King", as much as I love it, it reads like a tranquilizer dart.

What are you going to smoke on its maiden voyage?

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
This will drive some of you nuts, but I fought with myself to not smoke the pipe. I'm in difficult financial straits now, and when Glen told me how much the pipe is worth (a huge sum that I only had the nerve once to spend on a pipe--Nielson's Brown Sparrow Dublin), I painfully put it up on eBay. (I didn't put it up here because I would find it difficult to take that kind of money away from anyone here). Also, aesthetically, the pipe seems to lack the indefineable things that a given person looks for in a pipe. It's like male/female chemistry--does the pipe speak to me like the Sparrow did? This House pipe didn't have it, whatever that may be. But, I hope, it has it for someone with a lot of bucks.

benpipesmoking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2017
never had a good peterson they all whistle or atleast the ones I bought have, even had a new one that whistled

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Someone listed an unsmoked House pipe this morning. The price might be a little high - or not? This one weighs 124 grams (4.4 oz) and is unsmoked. It is a BIN, so I'm not blowing up anyone's auction.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182740498952?ul_noapp=true

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's an interesting briar, a Peterson-plus. For me, even with pipes with good big bowls, lighter weight has persuasive appeal.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Nice one, although I personally favor smaller-med sized bowls , I have one XL size long shanked Canadian by Chacom,and the day when it come to me I was a bit cofused founding out the chamber inside being such a deep and spacious,I donno what I'm supposed to smoked in this, if flakes,then only in rubbed out form, or am I better off with some firmly packed dry ribbon cut Semois?

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Al, that listed one is a nice pipe. I'm not sure what Pete house pipes sell for, but looking at his other auctions that guy thinks there is gold hidden in the stems or something. Some of the prices he is asking for some of those pipes are ridiculous.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Actually, though too rich for my blood, the asking price is about what you'd expect for that house pipe, perhaps even a bit under given the silver rim cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.