PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
I just have to say peterson holiday blend 2010 is amazing. Alas I only have an ounce :(. Shout out to eaglerico for gifting me some samples of some blends I hadn't tried as part of our SS 2013 exchange!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Mrgunnar... How about a review?

We know there are tons of great blends on the market.

Tell us about it.

What makes this one worth one... "WOW"...?

:puffy:

ascarypotato

Lurker
Nov 29, 2013
I've got the 2011 and 2012 variants (and I'll be buying some 2013 shortly)
I've gone off aromatics fairly quickly, but I still love these ones. Cinammon and spices. Fruit and nuts. Smells, and tastes like christmas. The roomnote smells like someone cooked a Christmas cake after a bowlful. Bites if you're not careful, and it can be a little wet, but I'm still very fond of these.
I had a few bowls in the summer as well. Worked surprisingly well on a cooler day....
And they've got pretty tins, which I use for holding small tools at work. Always a bonus!

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Sure!

I'm smoking another bowl as I type.

Tin Description: Red and golden Virginia tobaccos from the US and Africa are the basis of this wonderful mixture. They are blended with double fermented, broad cut Black Cavendish as well as a hint of roasted Burley, refined with a delicious aroma of cookies and cream and a touch of espresso. The result is an irresistible pleasure for both your palate as well as your environment.
The char light brings in a sweet aroma but not as sweet as most of the seasonal peterson blends.

True light brings in the flavor of the cookies and cream.

Through the bowl it's a pretty constant flavor with hints of coffee coming through halfway through the bowl.

I'm really not a fan of aeros. They burn hot and I can rarely get any taste out of them. Devils holiday and this blend are the only ones iv ever gotten the tin description flavor out of the smoke.

There's no bite and this blend leaves your mouth watering well at least it left mine that way!

The room note test, my fiancée came out and I asked her her what this smelled like and she said it smelled good almost like cookie and cream! Ha! If you can get your hands on it I would highly you recommend get it!

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I've got to say the Peterson seasonal aro's are some of the best out there. I try to stock up every year when they come out. Almost missed out on the 2012 Christmas though.

Status
Not open for further replies.