Pipes Magazine » Pipe Talk » British Pipes

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Peterson History Lesson (via Mark Irwin)

(16 posts)
  • Started 4 months ago by ssjones
  • Latest reply from gnarlybriar
  1. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

http://www.petersonpipenotes.org/2019/04/125-heinrich-kapp-zweite-banane#comment-1492

A history lesson from Mark via his Peterson Pipe Notes blog.

Al

Posted 4 months ago #
  2. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 4 months ago #
  3. madox07

madox07

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nice read ... so when is this book coming out? Will it be available on amazon?

Sea Wolf Pipers

"Like the mariners of old, a loner is acceptable but a pipe is best enjoyed in a pack"
    Posted 4 months ago #
  4. jpberg

jpberg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That was great.

Posted 4 months ago #
  5. 3rdguy

3rdguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

April 1st was busy this year!

Posted 4 months ago #
  6. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

He's planning a release event at the Chicago show. It will be available from Briar Press afterwards, I'm not sure about Amazon.

Posted 4 months ago #
  7. npod

npod

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wonderful teaser.

Neal
    Posted 4 months ago #
  8. madox07

madox07

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's too bad ... I am not sure how us european folks will be able to buy it if Briar Press won't ship over seas.

Posted 4 months ago #
  9. daveinlax

daveinlax

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's too bad ... I am not sure how us european folks will be able to buy it if Briar Press won't ship over seas.

I'm sure a European based e-tailer/shop will stock it!

Posted 4 months ago #
  10. ophiuchus

ophiuchus

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thank you! Terrific read.

Posted 4 months ago #
  11. User has not uploaded an avatar

jguss

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am not sure how us european folks will be able to buy it if Briar Press won't ship over seas

I'm sure a European based e-tailer/shop will stock it!

Alternatively, remember that this book celebrates the history of Peterson, and that Peterson was bought by Laudisi Enterprises last summer. Laudisi is the parent of Smokingpipes.com. I would be surprised if Smokingpipes.com, which ships internationally, doesn't carry the book for that reason alone. In any case Smokingpipes has carried similar books before (e.g. Neill Archer Roan's Comoy's Blue Riband).

Posted 4 months ago #
  12. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

That was fun, although in the following discussion, Irwin, confused Snubb Pollard for Ben Turpin. Some scholar...

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 4 months ago #
  13. pylorns

James Foster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Alternatively, remember that this book celebrates the history of Peterson, and that Peterson was bought by Laudisi Enterprises last summer. Laudisi is the parent of Smokingpipes.com. I would be surprised if Smokingpipes.com, which ships internationally, doesn't carry the book for that reason alone.

^ This, expect plenty of copies available from them. I think Mark will be at both Chicago and West Coast pipe shows as well.

Posted 4 months ago #
  14. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Anyone who tackles tobacco pipes as a book subject is a brave soul. It's a little like Civil War history. The audience is impossible to please, but they may buy books!

Posted 4 months ago #
  15. timelord

timelord

Login to Send PM

smoking pipes.com has the book; but postage to Australia is eye watering! However, I doubt it will be stocked by any of the book sellers who offer free postage to the land down under - it being rather a niche topic. Hope the Europeans have a better deal with the postage.

Posted 4 months ago #
  16. User has not uploaded an avatar

gnarlybriar

Login to Send PM

SmokingPipes.com has the boo11k - or did - as I bought my copy the day it was listed.
    Gentlemen (and ladies) - this book is FABULOUS!!! 374 pages, hundreds of pics, lots of lots of history, and insights to not only Peterson, but the pipe making world from the 1800's to present day! The book is approx.11" x 11", and on very high quality paper (it's a hard back with dust jacket). superb graphics, and yes, you'll salivate over lots of the pipes! Even if you haven't tried Peterson pipes, you'll be thinking about it now! I've read at least an hour each night since receiving it (haven't missed a night) and am only 2/3 of the way thru it. You'll be very happy that you got it!

Posted 3 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   cosmicfolklore, armonts, lightxmyfire, greeneyes, charmcitygentleman, seldom, the85boro, orlandofurioso, p40warhawk, bluegrassbrian, dukdalf, lawdawg, voorhees, civilwar, generalzod, didimauw, curl