PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
Ok, so I swapped out the whistler lol for a Savinelli Tiger Rustic KS 606
Took out the filter and tested the draw, HOLY CRAP!!! Nice wide open draw on this bad boy...
About 400% of what the peterson's draw was... Plus it was actually a little cheaper than the pete
so I got some more supplies, cleaners, lighters, etc...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jsiddle

Sep 24, 2012
Yes, thats a magazine with mario on it... havent read it yet, but I plan to real soon

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
That is a nice looking pipe! The stem is beautiful! Also, MARIO ROCKS!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
js, good for you. I think you will be a lot happier and get a much better smoking experience. I have Sav's that take a filter and never use them. I love the wide open draw and the pipe seems to smoke itself.

jsiddle

Sep 24, 2012
First bowl down...
AMAZING!!!!! just like cigr said, HUGE wide open draw... amazing
even tested how hot it got... i puffed the hell out of it at one point and it didnt get hot!
and I got all the flavor... it was fantastic..
THIS ONE IS STAYING MINE :)

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That's great js. Glad you found a pipe you like a lot better. It is a beauty for sure!

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
Bravo Baron, I was thinking "The Floutist" but yours is better.
Congrats on the pipe, I hope it burns well for you, for many, many years. I love all my Savis, (love my petes too but we have a love/hate relationship).

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
So how do you like the lucite stem compared to the Peterson's vulcanite?
Tossed the filter? Great! Did the pipe come with an adapter? I strongly recommend you use it if you have it. Without it the draft chamber is nonuniform, which can lead to turbulence, which can lead to (wait for it)... WHISTLING!

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
Without it the draft chamber is nonuniform, which can lead to turbulence, which can lead to (wait for it)... WHISTLING!
Bigvan, would you say that the draft chamber is uniform with the rough edged, triangular filter in place? Playing devil's advocate a bit here, but I have many sav filter pipes, some have adapter, some don't. The biggest difference I see is when I go to clean the inside of the shank.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Good question, Gary. I wouldn't say a filter causes turbulence, but I can definitely tell the difference between my adaptable Savinelli with and without the adapter.
Is there a physicist specializing in fluid dynamics in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.