PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
My sister is going to be visiting Dublin from Texas in January. I have been wanting a Dracula model 03 to dedicate to Tewksbury Nosferatu (excellent smoke!). I was considering trying to talk her into making a stop for me if convenient. Has anyone visited the retail shop at the factory? Are the pipes sold at retail price? They gotta have the elusive Dracula 03 there...

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Thanks. Yah I sent an email earlier, no reply yet. Was hoping someone here might have been there before. I have a week or so to get the scoop.

Thanks again, Ron

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
From Peterson:
Hello Sir
Thanks for your email and kind words.
Unfortunately the Dracula pipe range was a limited range and will not be repeated for the forseeable future. If you would like to have a look on our website you may find another range you would like to purchase for you here.
Regards

Glen
No 03 model in U.S. either...

Oh well.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
I've been to Peterson of Dublin in Dublin. Yes, most/all of their pipes are priced at about retail. Give or take $10-20.
She will have to make an appointment for a factory tour.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
From Peterson:
Hello Sir

Thanks for your email and kind words.
Unfortunately the Dracula pipe range was a limited range and will not be repeated for the forseeable future. If you would like to have a look on our website you may find another range you would like to purchase for you here.
Regards

Glen
Yep, got the exact same e-mail from them yesterday myself. Sigh.

Dec 24, 2012
I was there in october and visited the Dublin Peterson store off Grafton st. They had the dracula pipes there then.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I'm kicking myself that I stayed at a hotel about a block from this store, passed it multiple times while in Dublin for several days, and never ventured inside! (Of course, that just gives me one more reason to return to Dublin!)
Bob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've been to Dublin two times but never visited the Peterson store on Grafton St. nor the factory, so I really appreciate the information

here. I can understand that pipe manufacturers don't want to make their factories into outlets for their pipes. It would drive down

the price of their merchandise and compete with retailers who are their major customers. I think price breaks come when retailers

(in a store or online) are motivated to give discounts, whether it is an overstock on a particular pipe or a special sale (like the

recent one-day pipe day sale on smokingpipes.com). I live near a major hub for distribution of Savinelli pipes in the U.S. and

they don't even have a retail store associated with their distribution center. I'm glad I know that the prices at Peterson in Dublin

are about those I'd expect to pay at my local independent pipe shop, the local chain pipe shop or online. This way I can do my

pipe shopping when I'm not enjoying traveling.

Dec 24, 2012
My recollection from when I was there in September is that the store is on Nassau street, about 100 feet or so from the top end of Grafton street. You could almost spit on Trinity College from the store entrance. In fact, when I was there they had literally just moved from their old location. They had tons of pipes. I wish that I knew then what I know now - I would have known what to look for. I do recall holding the Dracula pipe in my hand.

scottser32

Lurker
Feb 27, 2013
how ya's lads i hate to say it but i walked past it yesterday and it was all shut up, not sure why weather there redecorating or what it looked like there was primer on the outside
if it does reopen i can pop in and see if they've got a dracula maybe even try get them to put one by for you??

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ireland has had some serious rough sledding lately in their economy. I was there during the biggest

hay days they'd had in centuries, and everything was spiffy and booming. I hope the Peterson pipe

retail store hasn't gone out of business. I would say from the online sites and what I read in Forums,

their sales are still booming, maybe more than ever. Though there's little or no price break, I would

like to visit the home church of Peterson's pipes if I get back to Dublin. I've had outstanding luck with

their products and am always sorry to hear when others don't. Mine seem drilled and finished to a T.

Dec 24, 2012
Not positive, but when I was there they had just moved stores to a bigger one about a block away. They used to be right by James fox, but no longers. Just guessing, but I wonder if you saw the old store that they moved from. Hard to believe they would open up a brand new store and close 5 months later, though stranger things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.