PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
Do any of you own one of these, or have any experience? I have one of their Killarney series and I love it, looking to get another Peterson and was looking at these. Any feedback is appreciated.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I have one and love it, an x106. Definitely plan on adding a few more to the racks. The bents will probably not pass a pipe cleaner, so be cautious if you are looking at a bent.

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
Ah, yea I was looking at the 221 which is the bent with the saddle stem. Might have to rethink that. Looking at the Kinsales now too, they look quite nice. Damn this PAD!

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
I have 7 Petersons (2 Standard System, 1 Killarney, 1 Dublin, 1 Donegal Rocky, 1 Flame Grain & 1 Aran) and I love them all - all P-lips, too! I really find that the P-lip not only cuts down on tongue bite, but enables the smoker to experience more of the tobacco aroma, as it directs the smoke to the palate and up toward the nasal cavity.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Definitely check as some of the bents will pass a cleaner, but even the non system pipes have a small well for moisture. I have a B10 Kapet that will take a cleaner with a slight tweak of the tip. The 221 is a nice shape so if that is the one you want, then its worth going that extra step.

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
PAD you have done it again, getting the Kinsale LX22 smooth finish...That grain is just too beautiful to pass up.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have five Petersons and all are fine smokes. I've heard there have been problems with drilling in some. Maybe the factory

pushed keeping up with demand; who knows? But I've bought five new pipes over about three years, and am pleased with

all. I have an ebony Killarney B11 bent brandy; a similar B11 in the Shannnon series (the black-brown grain has deepened

and improved with age); a Rhodesian 999; an Around the World Ireland/bulldog; and a Kapet author. I like the good solid

feel, the relative light weight; the durability of the finish without having it feel sealed in; the traditional shaping but with

distinctive touches; and the definite Irish style of pipe that Peterson has developed. It's not Italian, Danish, heaven forbid

English, or Dutch. They make their own claim and are fine looking and good smoking.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I have two Kinsales and they are purdy and smoke real nice. I also have a pre-republic pete bulldog that is outstanding. I have smoked a variety of tobaccos in it and they all exceeded my expectations.

pipemonk

Lurker
Feb 28, 2013
hi all im new to the site...... im back into smoking pipes again. been 11 yrs since i last smoked pipes, thats when i was a sailor in the us navy, i live in ireland now (11yrs) and i treated myself to a peterson killarney.....and yesterday my mom in law gave me a irish seconds full bent as a gift and it smokes great. i read that the irish seconds are becomming rare....i emailed petersons and they sad they have no plans to reintroduce the 2nds...they were made 15 rs ago and i love it.... my peterson killarney is an excellent smoker but i have to admit my irish second has a great draw on it.....

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
I thought I wouldn't like the p-lip because I always heard that it burned the roof of your mouth. However, as 4dot said, they actually cut down on the tongue bite and you can really get a good taste of the tobacco.

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
I thought I wouldn't like the p-lip because I always heard that it burned the roof of your mouth. However, as 4dot said, they actually cut down on the tongue bite and you can really get a good taste of the tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.