PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
I must admit, I can be a sucker for "gimmicky" marketing and these look awesome! Not sure when they'll be out this year.
http://www.peterson.ie/pipes/dracula.html

slowpuffer

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2012
These pipes actually look quite beautiful. I will admit that I could do without the Dracula marketing campaign. I feel like I would have to be one of those young emo-vampire types in order to have one. Nevertheless, it is an attempt at something that has interested me for a while which is updating marketing techniques for pipes and pipe tobacco. I think an effective campaign could make our beloved briar as trendy as cigars.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Always been a fan of The book, some of the movies, and the character in general. I like the pipes but a deep charcoal contrast stain on the briar would really push me over the edge. Or even a polished black. Not a big fan of matte black finishes. Still, they do have my interest.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Uberam, love the new hat!
I never understood the vampire attration. They have universally been considered the most evil of monsters. Now they are romantic? Are people nuts?
The pipes look cool!
Winton

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My son just looked at the hat and said, "I say, I say, that is right on!"

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
The vampire series is ok, but (not trying to hijack the thread) the smooth Starboard in the Iceberg series is the one I'm lusting over.

digitalshave

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2011
Contrary to what bigvan said, I like the flat black bowls but hate the red stem.
Any word on prices yet...this may be an alternative to getting my dream pipe. I can't

afford the nearly $500.00 for a Dunhill Dress Pipe...maybe just buy one of these and

replace the stem. Still not as cool looking as the Dunhill but effective.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
I don't really care for black bowls on pipes, but those stems are gorgeous.

stogie37

Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
...I like the pipes but a deep charcoal contrast stain on the briar would really push me over the edge. Or even a polished black. Not a big fan of matte black finishes. Still, they do have my interest.
Yes! Deep Charcoal contrast is a favorite of mine too. Have a number of rifles with this finish, no pipes. Yet...

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
If I was into Gothic - I would probably get one of these pipes. They are a little uh...avant garde for my taste now.

Status
Not open for further replies.