PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
This is my fist new Peterson and its a non p-lip which I really dig. So I though why not do a quick photo shoot. So far it smokes like a true dream.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Very nice, I love that shape. The rustification is nice on that one, I find that some of them look quite amateurish. I may have to give in and pull the trigger on one of them.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Nice pipe, nice photo. I don't own a Peterson, but like you, I think I would choose a fishtail over a P-lip. Good score.

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
I really am drawn to the Donegal series of pipes. That is a beautiful specimen.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I have several 999s. They are all good smokers and all fishtails as well. I'm not a fan of the P-lip but since Peterson started making a lot more fishtails I've picked up several and never been disappointed with how they smoked. I like the rustication on yours. Handsome pipe, enjoy.

mvmadore

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2015
Northern NY
Nice pipe...I miss my fireplace...previous home had a very nice fireplace...when we built our current home we opted not to put in a fireplace...cost/insurance/etc...still kicking myself 11 years later...next home will have one...I hope...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have one 999 that is also my only P-Lip, a Killarney dark red stain. I enjoy it but haven't gotten another P-Lip. One's good, but enough.

meatballj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
Lovely specimen. I have a Donegal 999 but with the p-lip. Its my workhorse pipe; my old faithful. Love the 999 shape so much my wife bought me an Army mount 999 for my b-day and its fast becoming a fave as well. Enjoy that pipe, I'm sure it will give you many good days.

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
My fireplace is a real-wood with gas starter it's totally awesome. I can't smoke in the house so I'm trying to figure out how to get a potbelly stove in my garage for a heater and coffee pot.

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
I've been on the fence about ordering a 999; but I must say, yours looks pretty spiffy. I like the rustication. If the year goes well, maybe I will look into putting one in the collection.
Thanks for sharing, Freakie!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I did want to add, the 999 design is admirably compact but with a plenty ample bowl. It's a snappy smoker and a nicely balanced pipe. I've gotten lucky in that all my Peterson pipes have been well manufactured. I'd recommend the fishtail stem, unless you know and like the P-Lip. For me, one P-Lip is good, but enough (he said again).

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
You can't beat a 999.
It's funny I've always enjoyed a bent pipe. Over the last few years I migrated to classic straight shapes, now my eye has started wandering back to the bent stuff..
If I had one complaint about this pipe its that the stem toward the button feels rounded and slightly thicker than I've use to, but that's nothing a rubber nipple aka softy bit wont fix.

4etecjonathan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2015
Peterson always has and still does make beautiful pipes. I own several and can't complain about any of them, they seem to get better with age.
Jon :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.