PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahcela

Lurker
Jul 8, 2012
Logan, Utah
Learning to like Peterson Connoisseur's Choice. Didn't think I'd care for an aromatic, but this isn't as harsh as many, and if smoked slowly enough, some good flavors come through. What other Peterson tins should I be picking up?

In addition, it seemed appropriate in my newest pipe, a Peterson 2012 Christmas (03). Very festive, much like myself.

Reactions: SaxonX

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
Summertime 2011 and 2012 are amazing. I like Connoisseur's Choice a lot. Sunset Breeze is good, I also like De Luxe Mixture, but I didn't like the Luxury Blend as much. Gold Blend is nice as well. I recently had a little bit of Connoisseur's Choice and a little bit of Gold Blend and needed a jar and just mixed them together and that worked out quite well.
I have some Special Reserve 2012 on the way and some Sweet Killarney. I'll let you know how they are too.

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Connoisseur's Choice is onr of my favorites and a stable of mine. Really enjoy the multiple flavors. Nutty Cut is pretty darn good as well, you guys may want to give that a try if you have not already. :puffpipe:

yahcela

Lurker
Jul 8, 2012
Logan, Utah
I'm interested in the Sweet Killarney and Nutty Cut. Sometimes the names just sound like something you'd like (even though they might not turn out that way).
Now if I could only get my photo to not look like it was supposed to be on a wide screen...

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Yahcela, use Photoshop or iPhoto or similar to crop your pictur to a square before uploading. I think I made mine 160x160 pixels.

yahcela

Lurker
Jul 8, 2012
Logan, Utah
Thanks Mick. It's a shame that you cannot fully appreciate how pretty I really am with the current photo. I have instituted repairs.
A follow-up question on Peterson's tobaccos. Do they do their blending in-house, or is this done for them by another outfit (like Orlik or McClelland)?

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
I think it's an outfit called Kohlhase & Kopp, they are not done "in-house" I know that for sure.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
If you use luxury tobacco reviews to look up tobaccos the site lists the blender. Peterson's uses various blenders for their stuff. Sunset Breeze for example Orlik is listed as the blender. There is usually a link to the site on the sidebar. Right now it's appearing in the left margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.