PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Today is the third year that I have been together with my grilfriend. She's practically my wife so lets just call her that because it's shorter. So she got me this Peterson Churchwarden that I've been drooling over, and upon a closer look at the pipe there seems to be some slight rim damage and a crater on the inside of the bowl.
Even though this pipe is only $100 I expected a new perfect pipe. I'm slowly thinking about sending it back and hoping they have another green Peterson churchwarden, but the chance of that is slim.
What do you think? Keep it or return it?
P8011619.jpg

P8011612.jpg

P8011617.jpg

P8011616.jpg

P8011615.jpg

P8011614.jpg

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
If you think there is something wrong with it you should contact the seller and show him your pictures and get a replacement regardless of the cost of the pipe. I am sure wherever you purchased it will more than likely satisfy your wishes. I like the look of your pipe btw. Very sharp. :puffpipe:

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Spartan, Nice work with the camera!
I'm curious what everyone else thinks. I'd just smoke it a bunch without touching the bowl and build up just enough cake to naturally pack that little void and call it good. I wish my wife would buy me a pipe.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Thanks for the feedback gents.
After me and the wife come back from dinner I'll shoot the seller an e-mail and pray they have another in better condition.
It's kind of a big thing to miss. I hate to think they saw this and still sent it out to me... :crazy:

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Here's my opinion, if the pipe isn't smokable then no point keeping it, return it and wait for another pipe. With that being said if your wife will be upset your returning the pipe she bought you keep it as decoration, a 100 bucks is a small price to pay for a happy girlfriend. Rerun it or not contact the seller, they need to be aware of the mistake to prevent future ones.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I've had to send 3 Peterson Standard System pipes back before I got one in decient shape, they seem to have lots of manufacturing problems.

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
I would return it, cause if you don't you'll keep thinking about that crack the whole time you're smoking it or you'll be telling everyone about that one flaw.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Here's my opinion, if the pipe isn't smokable then no point keeping it, return it and wait for another pipe. With that being said if your wife will be upset your returning the pipe she bought you keep it as decoration, a 100 bucks is a small price to pay for a happy girlfriend. Rerun it or not contact the seller, they need to be aware of the mistake to prevent future ones.
I see no problem if he returns it for a replacement.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Finally got a reply today, looks like they were all out partying at a pipe show lol.
Hi Grant,

I've been at a trade show for the past 5 days, but while I was there I spoke with Tom from Peterson. He wants you to send the pipe directly to him in Ireland for a replacement, which would be fastest, but I don't feel right telling you to send it to him, since we sold it to you. You can send it to me at the address below. I have another one here, which I have inspected, and am holding for you. Thanks,
Eric
www.Cupojoes.com
Cupojoes, LLC
959 State Route 9 Suite T
Queensbury NY 12804

Good peeps. I'll post more pics of the "inspected" pipe. Muahahahaha. :twisted:

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I have never known a bad pipe seller, it's like finding a good stockbroker.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Nice! I am glad that was settled easily.
I wish Peterson would get their act together and make sure stuff like that does not leave the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.