PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I have a pair of Peterson tins from Christmas'16 and '15. I wasn't really fond of the blends inside--I prefer aromatics--so I thought of re-hydrating them. Would these tins filled with rehydrated tobacco be worth the trouble of auctioning?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some of those aromatic holiday blends burn me, more than tongue bite, more like chemical burn. I think it may be cinnamon and other spices they add for a holiday fragrance. If those have faded, they might make a better smoke. I don't think they'd bring much on re-sale, but you can never tell. People bid high on odd items.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I actually bought a tin of the very first holiday Peterson blend from 2009 at a table from a B&M store at the West Coast Show a year or two ago for around $20 if that gives you any idea of it's re-sell value. It's dry as desert air I live in. I do plan on re-hydrating some of it this year to see how it is for the holiday season. It had a casing of baked apples, roasted almonds, and vanilla bourbon.
I would say give re-hydrating a few bowls worth and giving it a try. It may have mellowed out a bit and be more pleasing for you. If it isn't I suggest trying to trade it here or at a local pipe meet up.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
pylorns - any word if Peterson will now bring back the special edition blends with Laudisi having purchased the company? I missed the holiday season blend last year and Christmas wasn't the same.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
The twins are quite attractive and was hoping that is what would sell the tins. After a massive dental bill every penny counts. On top of that, I'm going on retreat tomorrow, and while the Jesuits are nice enough about it, a $200 donation

is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.