PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2016
Can anyone share their experience with the Peterson 2010 pipe? I just recently made an estate purchase on one and have found little information on it based on first handed owner experience. I know that it is from the 2nd iteration of their Christmas/Holiday series. However, most blog post that I can find in regards to their Christmas pipes start with the more recent editions i.e. 2014-2015 pipes. Is it a rare find?
Thanks.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
I have seen some out there for a comparable price, don't think there is a collector or rare tag attached to them, however the seller's might not have known if it commands a higher $
Have you tried to contact Peterson, customer service might be able to tell you how many were produced and if it feel into a special category.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Peterson does the Christmas and St. Patrick's Day pipes regularly, so though the run is limited, they are a fairly standard item, unless a particular year was a special favorite or had a limited run. I suspect the value of the Christmas 2010 pipe is approximately that of a similar shape and finish pipe in one of the ongoing series. When the Dracula pipes came out about 4/5 years ago, there was speculation on how they might gain value, since they were a limited run. I think they are still popular and hold their value, but I don't think they are increasing in price compared to similar shaped Petersons.

katarn07

Might Stick Around
Mar 1, 2016
Do these Christmas pipes have the years marked on them somewhere? I kind of am interested in getting pipes with my children's birthyears on them. I like the looks of the 2016 Petersons too and don't own a Peterson yet....

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
For the most part Peterson's Holiday Issues are standard shapes with special banding. As such they are limited to the number produced for that holiday in that shape (Holiday pipes are often produced in a number of different shapes for the same year and holiday.)They are often produced in significant numbers and seldom suffer from a shortage of available pipes. As MSO suggested for the most part they hold their value but seldom appreciate any significant amount. Peterson does make Limited Editions (smooth) and Pipe of the Year (rusticated). These series are limited to 1000 pipes per year and are numbered. They fair a bit better but even here often sell below original MSRP.

joevargo28

Lurker
Feb 19, 2019
I’m looking to purchase your 2010 Peterson Christmas pipe if your looking to sell it please let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.