PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
It's early for a Christmas pipe, but when I saw this Peterson 107 Christmas Billiard, I couldn't resist and made the order. Nice Christmasy rustication, don't you think?

002-029-21680.jpg

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Very nice! The rustication reminds me of pine-cone Christmas decorations. So what's going in it? C&D Three Kings, McClelland Christmas Cheer, or Boswell's Christmas Cookie?

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Now that's a nice pipe!
Peterson does rustication to a fine art.
You will enjoy many a cool and flavorful smoke in that burner!
Peterson's are a joy to hold; no dainty brier there.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I'm thinking of waiting until the holidays before smoking it (it is on layaway right now), and I'm wondering how long I can resist smoking it. I'm a sucker for Christmas and with Petersons, the 107. Given what I consider some beautiful rustication and the semi-transparent candy red stem, it is really a whole package. It will certainly be an interesting contrast with the Vampire's Wand in my pipe cabinet, which, when I finish building it, will be stained in a transparent green.

That brings me to something I always wanted to ask: how is rustication done? What is the process? It looks like it's created with different tools.

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
Wow that is a beautiful pipe. Perfect for Christmas Eve. I can imagine filling it with Christmas Cheer and watching for Santa.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great pipes, nice price. They really are charmers. Really like that carving and the stem color.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Smoking Pipes will take a 20% deposit on pipes, good for a month, possibly two, Anthony. They have a bunch of Christmas 2014 pipes now on display, but only the one straight billiard, a 107, my favorite shape, so I thought I'd better get it now rather than try to chase it down later. This billiard looks to be one of my favorite ones, along with the other 107s and the Castello Sea Rock. To think, over a year ago I would have never considered the notion of a pipe cabinet, thinking my one library shelve would be adequate: now I find myself preparing to build one, what with all the pipes and tobaccos I've accumulated.

Jan 8, 2013
Very cool. I'm waiting on an XL90 shape to turn up, and I may get one. You know how I'm not a big fan of rustication, but I'd be lying if I said the rustication on these didn't look nice. Very nice indeed.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think it's time to get that Christmas pipe broken in, before Christmas!

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
Wow, that is a beauty. As someone already mentioned, it does look reminiscent of a pine cone pattern. The red colors are fantastic too. Have they ever done a red and green one? That may look kind of weird though.

pipesmoker66

Lurker
Aug 11, 2014
Absolutely love these pipes! Been eyeing them but can't justify spending the money right now. I especially love the zulu which seems a little more rare than the others. I may yet come up with the money before Christmas.. we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.